Kranitz has a "sleeper" for the rotation?

Frobby

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta think it's someone from left-field for only Kranitz to be considering it. I think it could be Chris Ray, Jamie Walker or Danys Baez, even though Baez as SP has been discussed already. Maybe it's Brian Matusz, since it's a foregone conclusion that he'll go to Frederick. No one else would be that huge of a shocker to be considered for the rotation.

Darn! You beat me to it. Everyone's saying he'd be our second best pitcher right now.

One thing about Kranitz' quote is incorrect. When he says nobody's thinking about it, he's probably not including the OH in that thought.

Maybe it is no one in particular. If Kranitz says that, then any of the guys feel like it could be them, and perhaps he will get a little more out of everybody.

I am guessing it is just a move to get the troops fired up, so everyone thinks they have a shot.

Nobody with the Reds figured on Johnny Cueto winning a starter's spot out of ST last year (I think he'd been at AAA the year before long enough to get a cup of coffee and that's about it, LOL) so nothing with pitching surprises me anymore. ;)

My best guesses are Arrietta or Bergeson and I think it would be really cool to see either of them with the big club this year. :)

I already posted this on the other thread.....I think he gives it away when he says it's someone who isn't even on anyone's radar yet...it's clearly Simon, since he the plane he's arriving on isn't on any radar screens just yet.

And I'm only half kidding. This organization has acted like they think they found something in that guy, protecting him on the 40 man roster over the offseason and all.

Archived