Kranitz has a "sleeper" for the rotation?

Frobby

I would doubt it is Arrietta (bergesson and Hernandez would seem to fit also). I have heard DT, and AM say that they will not rush pitchers as has happened in the past. (DCab, Olson, Maine etc.) I have seen Hennessey mentioned numerous times so he would be not really be a sleeper. Chris Waters maybe??

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Parrish? He had some success last year in Syracuse's and Toronto's rotation.......

That might be the winner. JP makes sense.

As for Matusz, no way AM allows that. He told reporters and fans in a recent interview not to get attached to Brian in camp, he would not be there long. If that is Kranitz sleeper, he better find another.

It's in the first place, but don't you think if the Orioles/AM/DT/RK wanted Arietta in the rotation at the beginning of the year that they would at least wait until April 15th for service clock reasons? The fact that Boras is his agent only makes this more important (though, Boras or not, this should always be our plan til the rule changes).

Parrish was my response to Schmucker's blog, so I'll stick with that.

The thought that it could be Baez makes me queasy. I don't like the idea of a guy who has no chance whatsoever to be back next year winning a spot in our rotation. Everyone else under consideration, barring trade or injury, can or should be back next year - Guthrie, Uehara, Penn, Hill, Pauley, Liz, Patton, Albers, Waters, Hennessey and the youngsters could all be under team control for multiple seasons. But, I don't see any way that the re-sign Baez next year. For that reason alone, I don't think they'll really commit to a spot in the rotation for him over one of the others. Even if he pitchers better than other candidates, it is not any part of the "plan."

Archived