Jackson Holliday spring training watch

Frobby

6 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I agree with this. It's easier to be a passable 2B but a great 2B can still be a game changer, either with the glove (Jimenez), the bat (Carew), or both (Alomar). Carew might be an interesting comp for Holliday now that I think about it.

I wonder if Jeter would have been more valuable as a plus 2B as opposed to mediocre (at best) SS.

Yankees fans-“Jeter, hands down the greatest shortstop eva”.

Probably would have actually been in the running for the top 2B if they put him there. That is how I feel about Holliday. No chance you put Gunnar there. Gunnar maybe 3B with size and range. 
As Os fans, we have been pretty lucky with the SS and 3B we have had. Can’t say many clubs have enjoyed the talent, consistently, that we have seen. 

Watching the game and the one play I missed was a ball in the hole that went for a hit. Will watch it later.   Darren O’Day doing color said it would have taken an O’Neill Cruz arm to get him.  Otherwise Holliday started an unassisted DP by the bag, and turned a 3-6-3 DP started by O’Hearn.   At bat a foul pop out to the RF and laced a double to RCF.  The CF cut it off but Holliday had an easy stand up double.  Looks good to me.

15 hours ago, survivedc said:

Has a #1 been traded, beside Moncada? Who is the 2024 Chris Sale?

Adrian Gonzalez went 1/1 in 2000, and before he made his debut the Marlins traded him to Texas as partial payment for Ugueth Urbina. That should have been a huge win for the Rangers, but they turned around a couple years later before Gonzalez was established and traded him for a washed-up Adam Eaton and 90 innings of Akinori Otsuka.

I almost have to think there's some kind of backstory there. Not often you have a #1 overall pick who ended up with a heck of a career, but was traded twice before he's established for what turned out to be almost nothing in both cases.

https://theathletic.com/5316894/2024/03/05/corbin-burnes-orioles-matt-chapman-giants/

Holliday is 20. He has played only 54 games above Double A. And he’s a mere 4-for-18 with a double and triple this spring. But one club official, granted anonymity in exchange for his candor, gives Holliday at least a 50 percent chance of making the club, though the Orioles might want to protect him against lefties initially.

• Upvote 1