Spring Training Lineups

DirtyBird

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

image.thumb.png.96f4289c8da624ecd92888b45a2a743e.png

No Holliday. Gunnar will be off tomorrow. So now only 3-4 starts left for Holliday to start beside him. 

Not a big deal to see Westburg on the B squad/away squad because he needs reps at SS in a game environment, and he’s got 4+ years of chemistry playing along side Gunnar. 

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

@DirtyBird brought up a great point yesterday.   If Holliday was going to be the regular 2B wouldn't the Orioles want him and Gunnar playing SS and 2B together?    It's odd that, apparently, they've only played one game that way.  Not today again.   Makes a good conspiracy theory.

That wasn't me

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

@DirtyBird brought up a great point yesterday.   If Holliday was going to be the regular 2B wouldn't the Orioles want him and Gunnar playing SS and 2B together?    It's odd that, apparently, they've only played one game that way.  Not today again.   Makes a good conspiracy theory.

But, I don't think it is that big of a deal. They can easily be getting many more reps together in practices than they would be in the games. 

I'd imagine Holliday's use in ST is much more about the development of Holliday - as a 2B, as a SS and getting him AB vs quality pitching.

14 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

That wasn't me

Thanks.

@Sportsfan8703 brought up a great point.  Holliday and Henderson have only formed the keystone combination once this spring.  Seems odd that you wouldn't want them forming some timing and chemistry together.

Practice isn't the same as game speed.

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Almost like they are going out of their way to not play the Gunnar Holliday combo. Signal that Holliday isn't making it, or a smokescreen 3D chess signal that he is?

Going back through this thread I found Henderson/Mateo 3x, Henderson/Holliday 2x, Henderson/Westburg 1x, and Henderson/Wong 1x