MLB Network's 30 Clubs in 15 Days: Baltimore Orioles

cboemmeljr

On 3/2/2024 at 10:25 AM, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Nice price. Love seeing the personalities.

Minor quibble… when it showed potential rotation it showed Irvin and Zimmerman as right handed. This is MLB Network and they can’t get that right? Good grief. 

image.png.c7ab9252f99a36484ca5e173597a12b6.png

6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Adley, Mountcastle and Stowers are married.

I never saw anything about Adley getting married. I thought it was just Mountcastle and Stowers of those 5 players.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Live reaction everyone was upset by the lack of pitchers. My quick synopsis. Elias stuck to his guns by drafting all shortstop, catcher or center fielders as position players. I’m excited to see how they are able to do in terms of signing the high school kids. I think the draft will be defined by the success of Honeycutt and any of the high school position players. If I ranked the players I’m excited for it would be Honeycutt, George, Layton, O’Farral, Tess, Anderson, Overn. Looks like speed and defense were highly emphasized. Wonder if that has to do with the pitch timer rules.
    • I'd rather hold on to everybody and go with what we have. World Series be damned. Say goodbye to Santander, Urias and Mateo in the offseason, sign FA pitchers
    • https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/free-agents/_/year/2025/position/sp/sort/contract_value Here's how future free-agent classes look Here's how future free-agent classes look  
    • Who are the FA pitchers available in the offseason? (other than Burnes)
    • Nothing can guarantee anything. But adding that kind of SP would give us the best chance possible (barring injury) this season and for the next few. Trading 2 of Holliday, Mayo, Basallo is not even on the table or a part of any realistic discussion/scenario. That kind of haul has not been landed for a pitcher and certainly not in this current era of MLB where prospects/cheap young players are more valuable than ever. Maybe Paul Skenes (currently) could land that kind of haul? Otherwise, the value proposition is not there to be considered. Skubal hasn’t even amassed a 10.0 career WAR and before this year didn’t even have a 5.0 WAR season. He simply not worth anything close to that, no matter what irrational fear or fandom suggests. 
    • Again there is nothing in terms of precedent in the last 10 years that suggests a pitcher of Skubal’s pedigree/career achievements with that amount of control left can bring back a Soto kind of haul. Look at Soto’s season average in terms of WAR and look at Skubal’s. The two are not similar in terms of value. Either Morosi is serving as a mouth piece for the Tigers in order to overstate Skubal’s value and drive up the price? Or he is serving his heart’s interest as a New Yorker and Yankee fan.
    • Doesn’t guarantee us a ring. That’s the risk. We could survive a package of Holliday, EBJ, McDermott, Norby, Stowers, and Willems.   Honestly, we could survive a lot but trading two of the big three would be just bidding against ourselves. 
  • Popular Contributors