Do the Orioles have a type? 😆

NedFromYork

This is a common joke and it is funny as long as nobody is taking it too seriously. It’s also funny that a number of the non-white Orioles have names that could just as easily be preppy white guy names - Grayson, Anthony, Cedric, Danny. To go along with Gunnar, Adley, Jackson, Heston, Jordan, Austin, Ryan x2, Kyle, Tyler, and every “C” name possible: Colton, Connor, Corbin, Cole, Craig…

When all of your prospects are from the draft, a lot of them are going to be white guys. Just a byproduct of the state that the Orioles’ system was in when Elias took over. 

The international program is now fully up and running starting with Basallo, this won’t be the case going forward. There’s a ton of international prospects in the top 30 now. 

18 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

There are people who believe Elias is racist because of this.

That they lack “diversity”.

To be fair, they do lack diversity. But it’s not like it’s an all white team either. I’d rather he put the best team together than worry about the optics of that approach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, oriole said:

To be fair, they do lack diversity. But it’s not like it’s an all white team either. I’d rather he put the best team together than worry about the optics of that approach. 

That is bs. You can find flour players of the same ethnicity on any team. Santander, Felix, Cano, Urias, Mullins...we have always had a bad international program so we may be less diverse than average but this meme deserves zero airtime.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, oriole said:

Well, most black American kids don't like baseball. So, MLB teams are going to be mostly white dudes, black Hispanics and Asians

17 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That is bs. You can find flour players of the same ethnicity on any team. Santander, Felix, Cano, Urias, Mullins...we have always had a bad international program so we may be less diverse than average but this meme deserves zero airtime.

Omg, did I ruffle feathers? Let’s start naming all the non-white players. Im literally saying that the diversity angle is dumb while also acknowledging that the O’s have a ton of guys of European descent. 

13 minutes ago, oriole said:

Omg, did I ruffle feathers? Let’s start naming all the non-white players. Im literally saying that the diversity angle is dumb while also acknowledging that the O’s have a ton of guys of European descent. 

Yes, the Orioles have white players. No, they do not "lack diversity". 

• Upvote 1