Do the Orioles have a type? 😆

NedFromYork

Not trying to turn into anything…just making a comment about this because I was actually involved in a conversation earlier this week but this is something people are upset about and it’s something talked about frequently on twitter.  Like I said, some have gone as far as calling Elias racist over it.

It’s a really crazy conversation to have and one that never should even be mentioned but it is definitely a topic in Oriole land.

I think someone like Frobby isn’t on twitter, so a fan like him wouldn’t know this conversation is even out there but unfortunately it is. (Btw, I’m not trying to accuse the OP of anything like this, just making a general comment)

Posted (edited)

I had to go pick someone up at BWI so was off of social media for a while.  Wow, didn't see this coming at all that so many went to race. Yes, they are all white, but I took it as funny because they are all similarly baby faced, dirty blonde, mullet in the back (though maybe just a little for Adley).  Also, three are consecutive #1 prospects in baseball, the real glue to the meme imo.  And depending on MLB time Mayo gets this year he has a real chance to make it four #1's in a row.  Sure Basallo is more likely because he won't get any MLB time this year, but putting him in the pic takes away from the meme.  Maybe the poster(s) that have this on Instagram were insinuating race and it just went right over my head, but I don't think so.  It made me laugh.

Edited by NedFromYork
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Are you going to cry?

No I just don’t like race baters who try to make an argument that’s not there. This has nothing to do but people trying to make people be racist if they don’t agree with a woke argument. 

8 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

No I just don’t like race baters who try to make an argument that’s not there. This has nothing to do but people trying to make people be racist if they don’t agree with a woke argument. 

So pretty much what everyone in the thread has said

5 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Not trying to turn into anything…just making a comment about this because I was actually involved in a conversation earlier this week but this is something people are upset about and it’s something talked about frequently on twitter.  Like I said, some have gone as far as calling Elias racist over it.

It’s a really crazy conversation to have and one that never should even be mentioned but it is definitely a topic in Oriole land.

I think someone like Frobby isn’t on twitter, so a fan like him wouldn’t know this conversation is even out there but unfortunately it is. (Btw, I’m not trying to accuse the OP of anything like this, just making a general comment)

Pretty sure ME follows the “if you hit, you don’t sit” mentality of assembling a team….unless your last name is Stowers or Norby. 

• Upvote 1

I mean, if he's racist for picking the best talent possible, then it is what it is. I'd imagine drafting using affirmative action and not talent, would likely lead to more 100 loss seasons.

• Upvote 1

It kinda came up a little when they took Holliday over Jones, Johnson, and Green.  Talk stopped once it became obvious they were right and also when took Bradfield, Jr.