Oh no, Hill not starting today

wildcard

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just precautionary," said Hill, who had been slated to start against the Nationals in Viera, Fla. "We're going to wait another day. Everything's fine, though. I threw [saturday], played catch. There's no real big concern."

Elbow stiffness, but everyone's saying it's no big deal in the article. I think we better get used to this type of news.

Roch says Patton, Tillman and Pauley are on this trip, too. They better run someone else up I-95 to pitch a couple of innings.

http://www.masnsports.com/index_blog_roch.html

http://www.masnsports.com/index_blog_roch.html

Pauley will start in his place. This will be an important day for Pauley. He needs to show his last outing was a fluke. Being a "veteran" relative to a lot of our pitchers, I would think he'd be in line for 50 to 60 pitches or three innings of work.

Anyone listening to today's game on the radio? Is it on 105.7 again?

all 4 years I played college ball I had Elbow stiffness or shoulder tightness in the preseason. We should be concerned if he is shutdown but at least he is still throwing and trying to work out the stiffness.

I agree that the suggestion of surgery is a little over the top, however. Hill pitched all of 19.2 innings in the majors last year. Now he has stiffness before he can even get on the mound. That is not a good thing.

Maybe Hill and Penn are twins who were separated at birth.

I agree that the suggestion of surgery is a little over the top, however. Hill pitched all of 19.2 innings in the majors last year. Now he has stiffness before he can even get on the mound. That is not a good thing.

Maybe Hill and Penn are twins who were separated at birth.

A lot of pitchers have early soreness in camp. There is still 5 weeks until the season and they have only been present in camp for less than 2 weeks. Let them take precautionary steps now, when you have 37 pitchers available, then later on.

Talk about over doing it abit in this thread.... it's spring training and I'd bet he's not the only player in all of MLB feeling a little stiff.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Southpaw Rich Hill was scratched from his scheduled start Sunday due to stiffness in his left elbow, an ailment that he doesn't deem serious and would've liked to pitch through.

I agree that if Hill has stiffness in the elbow its good the team is cautious with him. I just think that if Hill or Albers or Patton have stiffness in their arms that makes them miss time it is more serious then if Parrish gets the same thing.

First, he has a history of health problems.

Second, he missed alot of time last year.

Third, he is one of the favorite to be in the rotation.

Fourth, even if he was healthy he would still have to prove he can still throw strikes consistently. Its pretty hard to prove anything when he can't get on the mound.

Now if he is back on the mound in a few days and pitches well, the concern is lessened but if not.........................

A lot of pitchers have early soreness in camp. There is still 5 weeks until the season and they have only been present in camp for less than 2 weeks. Let them take precautionary steps now, when you have 37 pitchers available, then later on.

This morning, Crazysilver03 = the voice of reason

Archived