Are You One Of Those People

RZNJ

Are You One Of Those People   

45 members have voted

1. 1. I think ST stats don't matter but I use them to justify my opinion

7 minutes ago, justD said:

They've actually been broadcast more than you think.  

Also, I attended a bunch of em in person 😊

Normally I don't intentionally seek them out. But I haven't run into but 1 that was being televised. Maybe I am wrong but there have been less than 7 that have been televised in the market this Spring?

As far you attending in person, that is really cool and I am sure helps to inform your opinion.

But for people who have seen very little of the games but are simply going by what the box scores read, the statcast numbers show, or the opinion someone else' opinion; that may not be the most informed approach. IMO those things are good for telling you what happened, but not necessarily good for telling why it happened. IMO the "why" is important to making an informed evaluation. 

5 hours ago, justD said:

They've actually been broadcast more than you think.  

You're correct. Only 4 games this spring have not had a broadcast. And counting the ones still to be played, more than half of the games this spring have been, or will be, televised.

Spring Training is both practice (...for vets and players who are already slated to make the team) and an audition (...for some vets and up-and-comings).  In the second case, the numbers are mere indications of what may be, but the big show is where stats begin and end to mean anything at all.  But if the auditions continue to be lukewarm in the minors and ST then that does tell the tale for that player.