Roch: Holliday, Mayo, Kjerstad, Stowers, Norby, and Al Suarez optioned

interloper

Just now, RZNJ said:

Not a shock, but disappointing after what Elias said this winter.  Sure looked like he earned it to me.

And they didn't give him a chance to show he can handle 2B because they kept playing him at SS. Dumb. 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Not a shock, but disappointing after what Elias said this winter.  Sure looked like he earned it to me.

He did.  But the Elias words were just that, PR/Front office speak, telling folks what they knew they wanted to hear.  Too many took it as being legitimate.  I don't think Holliday ever REALLY had a chance to make the MLB roster, not unless he just put up ungodly type numbers.  

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah, he's full of poop. I'll never believe anything he says going forward.

He's done wonders with this organization, but this is lame AF.

We're going to be stuck watching Wong play 2B.

Just now, forphase1 said:

He did.  But the Elias words were just that, PR/Front office speak, telling folks what they knew they wanted to hear.  Too many took it as being legitimate.  I don't think Holliday ever REALLY had a chance to make the MLB roster, not unless he just put up ungodly type numbers.  

He's got a 954 OPS...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

• interloper changed the title to Roch: Holliday, Mayo, Kjerstad, Stowers, Norby, and Al Suarez optioned

This is just insanity.  Three years of no wight and lots of Wong at second base.  First a has been boxer then a Frasier would had lost four steps at second....now a true Wong.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it is...technically.

Someone posted a tidbit showing that the actual cutoff isn't OD but a point very early in the season.

Sorry I don't remember the exact details.

They can't wait long.

The cutoff is that if he's down long enough that the team would get the extra year, then he doesn't qualify for the pick.