Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

39 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Nice call on the theme. Nice to see you back here as well. Its been awhile.

Thanks!  Hubs and I have had Flex Plan Memberships for the O's season tix the past two years so we've gotten to a good number of games.  With the kiddos getting to be teenagers now 😲 they are a lot more self-sufficient and we have more free time to invest in our fave team.  LOL

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

A pedigree of… not a base stealer, not a defensive sub, can’t bunt, isn’t a contact hitter, all of this at the moment in his age 20 season. Give me a role player if we have the option. 

I’m not down on Holliday but it is what it is. Reality. 

His base running is pretty good, though he’s no Mateo.  

46 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

If it comes down to Soto for defense or Holliday for speed, which do you take? I would prefer Soto's defense. I don't trust Holliday on defense right now.

I take Holliday for three reasons: 1) speed; 2) possibility of pinch hit home run; 3) getting playoff experience for one of our future staples.

Pedigree is as pedigree does, and lately that ain't much: .146/.208/.167/.364 for September.  And there needs to be a better reason for Holliday to be on the post season roster than bonding with the gang for some future potential theoretical psychological payoff.

A lot better. 

2 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

The auburn-haired one is clearly Mick.  After that, I have no clue.

Back row: Charlie Watts, Brian Jones
Front row: Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, Bill Wyman

But my O's take was:
Back row: Brooks, Boog
Front row: Etchebarren, Palmer, McNally 

9 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Jackson was on base 5 times today and no one noticed.  I bet if he struck out 3 times and went 0 for 4 there would have been 10 posts.  

I don't think this is true.  He's struck out 3 times a few times and gone 0-4 several times and 10 posts haven't been made.

I hope he has a nice view from the bench during the playoff series and gets an at bat here or there if we're up big or getting blown out.  I'd like to see him put in a lot of work this offseason and start 2025 on fire.