Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

I know there are a lot of not-so-tough pitchers in the IL, but on the other hand the Tides hitters don't have the benefit of a hydration station (I'm pretty sure) and have to play some games in their pajamas. 

12 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Holliday about to go on a heater.  He has scored 18 runs during his 16 game on base streak.

From what I can tell he’s on a 9 game hitting streak where he’s 12 for 33 with 3 doubles and a home run.   He does look better.   Using all fields and not pulling out as much.  I still see the the hip/butt going out as soon as he does his leg lift.  It’s amazing he’s as good as he is.

12 minutes ago, SilentJames said:

Holliday's May 

.866 OPS, a .426/.440 split 

That is pretty solid, love that OBP. 

10 XBH in 100 ABs, with 29 BB 

And that is with him retooling his swing. He will be up in the second half. 

Judging by the article today, he started to retool but decided to go back to what has worked for him his entire baseball life.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Judging by the article today, he started to retool but decided to go back to what has worked for him his entire baseball life.

I did not read that article - now that I have read it my question is this - what wasn't working in the MLB? 

Better pitching? Small sample size? Nerves? All of the above? 

hopefully he comes back stronger from the adversity. 

I still don’t see anything happening with Holliday before the ASB. They will try Norby and Mayo first. Happy he’s hitting well and hoping he gets more time at 2B to sure up defense. 

4 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I still don’t see anything happening with Holliday before the ASB. They will try Norby and Mayo first. Happy he’s hitting well and hoping he gets more time at 2B to sure up defense. 

I am predicting that the Orioles will be showcasing Norby more - I think Norby could be trade bait. I think they are leaning into Mayo and Holliday long-term. 

Norby could be moved for rotation/ pen help. Maybe even a package with Urias (who I think gets DFA'd if he isnt traded this summer). Then Holliday/ Mayo gets called up.  

2 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Gonna be hard to get him on the roster without an injury or finally saying good-bye to Urias.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Gonna be hard to get him on the roster without an injury or finally saying good-bye to Urias.

They will put him on the roster whenever he is ready. It won’t be hard.