First 30 game win/lose prediction after todays moves and moves after?

I am of the belief, having played on many HS and College professional teams from baseball to hockey to tennis, and now being a professional bowler.....that team camaraderie  and feels sometimes is more important than experience.

For example, today's shut down of JH and other prospects screams to me 'playing it safe' rather than doing what is best for the team this year.

Imo  due to these moves, the team is going to struggle out of the gate and get off to a 14 and 13 start through April.  I think the players understand that the best are not making the team. 

And they won't like it.

Predictions?

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

30-0.

Honestly, I don’t have predictions, only hopes.   We need to get off to a good start with the early soft schedule, and I hope we do.   I won’t even say I expect it.  Baseball is too unpredictable.  

3/28 - 3/31 v LAA - 2-1
4/1 - 4/3 v KC - 2-1
4/5 - 4/7 @ PIT - 3-0
4/9 - 4/11 @ BOS - 2-1
4/12 - 4/14 v MIL 2-1
4/15 - 4/17 v MIN 1-2
4/19 - 4/21 @ KC - 3-0
4/22 - 4/24 @ LAA - 2-1
4/26 - 4/28 v OAK - 3-0
4/29 - 4/30 v NYY - 1-1

Record: 22-8

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

10-20 Only then will the Os finally bring up their best players to be on the roster. 

We’re a WS team with Jackson Holliday or we’re back to the 2018-2021 teams without him. I’m sorry I don’t make the rules. 

• Haha 2

I don’t really feel excited about the roster management but it’s also not all that surprising. Urias would probably be traded if anyone was willing to give anything for him. Stowers never stood a chance. Overall, I think that this team won a lot of games last year with pretty much the same lineup. No reason to think they couldn’t do it again.

2 minutes ago, oriole said:

I don’t really feel excited about the roster management but it’s also not all that surprising. Urias would probably be traded if anyone was willing to give anything for him. Stowers never stood a chance. Overall, I think that this team won a lot of games last year with pretty much the same lineup. No reason to think they couldn’t do it again.

Aside from the overachieving both their Pythagorean and scoring more runs than expected given their overall offensive numbers?

To me, that's two pretty good reasons to want to see the young talent on the team.

29 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Aside from the overachieving both their Pythagorean and scoring more runs than expected given their overall offensive numbers?

To me, that's two pretty good reasons to want to see the young talent on the team.

I mean, yea. I want to see the young talent. If I told you what I’d have liked done then it’d probably come across as extreme. 

But I also don’t think that the reality is as bad as everyone has been making it seem. I think they’ll win roughly the same amount of games through April as they would have with Holliday and Stowers on the team. Every time someone has a great spring I think back to our old friend Jake Fox. I’ll leave it to the professional talent evaluators to decide whether or not they think a player is ready. And sometimes it just comes down to hard decisions. 

9 minutes ago, oriole said:

I mean, yea. I want to see the young talent. If I told you what I’d have liked done then it’d probably come across as extreme. 

But I also don’t think that the reality is as bad as everyone has been making it seem. I think they’ll win roughly the same amount of games through April as they would have with Holliday and Stowers on the team. Every time someone has a great spring I think back to our old friend Jake Fox. I’ll leave it to the professional talent evaluators to decide whether or not they think a player is ready. And sometimes it just comes down to hard decisions. 

I don't think it's terrible, I just think it's the wrong decision.

• Upvote 1