Has anyone bought SuperBox to watch the O’s?

kidrock

So I’m convinced I’m going to just the Comcast internet and dumping everything else.

I will need some guidance getting a VPN and wondering if this device will serve as a gateway. Also can all tvs access this device.

honestly, I probably need a service to get me set up correctly 

Edited by Roll Tide

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I have a friend that sells them. You get everything on that damn thing. It’s definitely delayed though.

Yes …how much? 

Also …..I’m skeptical. According to the website the package is a 1 time $359. But, MASN requires a monthly cost and so does channels like show time. How is it sustainable? At some point there will have ti be a monthly fee.

54 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Yes …how much? 

Also …..I’m skeptical. According to the website the package is a 1 time $359. But, MASN requires a monthly cost and so does channels like show time. How is it sustainable? At some point there will have ti be a monthly fee.

I'm guessing it works like a jail broken Fire Stick.

You install an app on the device that is pirating all of the channels. The device maker can get away with it because they warn you that some apps may be providing illegally obtained channels. What you install on the device is not their fault.

I know with the Fire Stick, there are folks who jail break them and sell a service for all of the channels for like $100 for 6 months. I have some family members who had to find a new guy because their guy got busted a few years ago after making a few million from pirating tv like this.

16 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I'm guessing it works like a jail broken Fire Stick.

You install an app on the device that is pirating all of the channels. The device maker can get away with it because they warn you that some apps may be providing illegally obtained channels. What you install on the device is not their fault.

I know with the Fire Stick, there are folks who jail break them and sell a service for all of the channels for like $100 for 6 months. I have some family members who had to find a new guy because their guy got busted a few years ago after making a few million from pirating tv like this.

So it’s being sold this way on Amazon and the price appears to be consistent. And the lineup is from the Superbox website.  So I doubt you are correct in this case. I don’t believe they are providing a hacked loaded product containing illegally obtained channels.

I worked in copyrights for 12 years and the entities would already have litigation on these guys. Maybe @Frobby can weigh in.

© 2024 Superbox Official Store 

SuperBox has been the company that pioneered devices for entertainment and smart homes

Super Media Technology Co,. LTD
support@superboxtv.shop

Edited by Roll Tide

4 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So it’s being sold this way on Amazon and the price appears to be consistent. And the lineup is from the Superbox website.  So I doubt you are correct in this case. I don’t believe they are providing a hacked loaded product containing illegally obtained channels.

I worked in copyrights for 12 years and the entities would already have litigation on these guys. Maybe @Frobby can weigh in.

I do know that it’s pretty easy to get Amazon to take down products that are demonstrably infringing on someone’s IP rights.  Amazon has established mechanisms for giving them notice of those situations and will take action without any litigation.   

16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Had a roommate in Germany that had a satellite dish installed outside the window.  He'd pay to get the "hot box" to get all the channels.  Sometimes It'd last six months, sometimes six days.  You never knew.

Yeah, 350 bucks to steal TV from someone and not knowing if it will last 1 week or 1 year? I'm good without it.

• Like 1

We were told by Comcast/Xfinity that in order to watch MASN in Baltimore City,  we would have to move up to the highest tier, and that, along with our 800MB internet service, would now cost $259.00 per month, which is $79 more than we were paying.  I had read in the Banner that it was going to be a $20 increase, so I was floored.

We dropped Xfinity TV, but kept the internet, which the guy on the phone gave us a promotional rate of $45/month.  We then added DirecTV streaming, which has MASN & MLB Network, and a ton of other channels we won't watch for $120/month.

So, now we are at $165/month for the 2024 season ($15 less than last year) and way less than what Xfinity quoted us.

And, it's legal and guilt free!

20 hours ago, SteveA said:

Just out of college I had a roommate who was an electrical engineer.   We lived in Linthicum (just south of Baltimore, near the airport).   He was from Philly and a big Eagles fan.   So he got up on the roof and pointed the roof antenna in the direction of Philadelphia.  I don't remember the #s  for sure now but for example let's say that Channel 12 in Philly carried the Eagles game.   He set up pass band filters that would block out the signals of Baltimore channels 11 and 13, which would normally bleed over into channel 12 and make it impossible to get the farther (and thus much much weaker) Channel 12 signal from Philly.   And then he put some sort of amplifier on the line to amplify the Channel 12 signal.   It was fuzzy, but we were able to watch the Eagles game.   I don't think he told his employer that he borrowed some of the equipment from work but he returned it all when we were done using it.

20 hours ago, Frobby said:

Back in 1980, pre-cable when you could get satellite channels by renting a descrambler box, I lived for a couple of weeks with a kid from Cal Tech who just built his own descrambler box from scratch.  Smart kid.  

I love hearing these kind of stories. 

42 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

We were told by Comcast/Xfinity that in order to watch MASN in Baltimore City,  we would have to move up to the highest tier, and that, along with our 800MB internet service, would now cost $259.00 per month, which is $79 more than we were paying.  I had read in the Banner that it was going to be a $20 increase, so I was floored.

We dropped Xfinity TV, but kept the internet, which the guy on the phone gave us a promotional rate of $45/month.  We then added DirecTV streaming, which has MASN & MLB Network, and a ton of other channels we won't watch for $120/month.

So, now we are at $165/month for the 2024 season ($15 less than last year) and way less than what Xfinity quoted us.

And, it's legal and guilt free!

I’m usually one for following the rules except when it comes to cable companies and situations like this.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

MLB TV is $150 for the season ($130 if you only want to pay for one team) a good VPN only runs about $5/month.  We just got rid of cable and this seemed to be the best approach.  

So I have 4 boxes from a similar platform (I’m convinced this is a knockoff of mine).  The delay for live events is probably 30 seconds.  I dont notice it.  There occasionally is buffering but my box (internetstreaming.info) updated their software and it’s rare especially when the box is plugged into the Ethernet.  I get everything.  Whether a game is on Apple, Peacok, YouTube, etc., I can watch it.  I get every sporting event in just about every sport on earth. I get like 500 local channels and a ton of content…basically if it’s streamed somewhere, I have access to it. 

We bought our first two boxes two years ago and cut the cord two months later.  We broke even not too long ago as the expenditure is almost all upfront.  I pay $36/yr for additional on demand content.  

Frankly, the biggest negative is the learning curve.  Once you figure out how to work it and identify the location of the content you like, it’s pretty easy.  There are software updates from time to time.  Similar to an iPhone update, some good stuff happens, some annoying, but without the update, your device won’t work as well as it should.

in conclusion, I will never get rid of it or pay for a streaming service as long as the boxes work.  I get every channel, most every movie, and most every tv show.  It has its pluses and minuses but so does everything.

Edited by Punchandjudy