Wake Forest @ Maryland 9:00 PM 3/3

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who do you guys think they put on Teague? Mosely?
Probably to start. I think they'll do the same thing to Teague they tried to do with Henderson, mostly rotation Tucker and Mosley. I felt we guarded Henderson great last week, he just made the shots anyway (and was getting away with being a bit physical when jumping to get separation on his shot). Teague's got the ability to score a lot regardless of how well he's guarded defensively as well, so we'll see what happens.

Probably to start. I think they'll do the same thing to Teague they tried to do with Henderson, mostly rotation Tucker and Mosley. I felt we guarded Henderson great last week, he just made the shots anyway (and was getting away with being a bit physical when jumping to get separation on his shot). Teague's got the ability to score a lot regardless of how well he's guarded defensively as well, so we'll see what happens.

Mosley also seemed slowed a good bit by the ankle injury during the Duke game. Henderson was able to get a lot more separation after that.

I think the focus needs to be to try to attack inside early and get Wake's bigs in some foul trouble. I think we can win this game, but if we can't get guys like Johnson on the bench for a bit, they're going to kill us with rebounding.

I don't think we'll see a lot of Mosely on Teague. I'd say Mosely takes the 3 man because of his toughness, rebounding and the way he uses his body.

My guess would be that Bowie or Vasquez takes Teague. I'd like to see Vasquez guard LD Williams/Ish Smith instead, to save some energy. Smith is more of a perimeter guy and we need Vasquez to conserve himself for maximum production on the offensive end. It would also help keep him out of foul trouble. Cliff Tucker could really be a factor too, considering he is 6-6 and can jump with the big boys.

When Wake goes with a traditional 2 guard lineup I'd like to see this...

PG- Teague - Bowie (guarding him)

SG- LD Williams/Smith - Vasquez

SF- Aminu - Mosely

PF- J Johnson - Milbourne

C- McFarland - Neal

Hayes will have to be on the SG or be used primarily when Wake goes with three guards because he can't stay with Teague.

With all that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see even more zone defense tonight. Gary seems to have gotten more confidence in it. The defense has been a huge part of our better play recently.

Offensively, Vasquez needs some help if we want to win this game. I think Neal could exploit McFarland if he can make his threes. Milbourne can always be a scorer. Tucker's athleticism could also give them problems, especially on the break. Like most teams we shoot the ball much better at home. We need this to be an up tempo game.

I don't think we'll see a lot of Mosely on Teague. I'd say Mosely takes the 3 man because of his toughness, rebounding and the way he uses his body.

I tend to agree with you on that, but I don't like Bowie on Teague at all, and I don't think Vazquez can stay with him, although Vazquez' size could cause problems. But you also don't want Greivis working so hard on defense because you need him on offense.

So that leaves Mosley.

I guess their good in that, it gives you more time to eat dinner and take core of any chores before the game, but the problem for me is that I usually get up at 5:15 for work.
Yeah, its totally just personal preference and work/obligations schedule.

I've always been more of a night owl, so I like the late starts. Despite being out of school for almost 3 years now, I'm still on a college schedule, going to be no earlier than midnight most nights and usually later.

I think you gotta but Bowie on Teague. He's the only player quick enough to hang with him. The real question is - who's going to cover 6'8 240ish James Johnson, 6'9 220ish Aminu, and 7' McFarland? That's an NBA front line. Plus they have a couple of 7 footers on the bench... that can play. UNC is a great combo of talent and experience, Duke is a finely tuned machine, but the most talented team in the ACC is Wake.

I think you gotta but Bowie on Teague. He's the only player quick enough to hang with him. The real question is - who's going to cover 6'8 240ish James Johnson, 6'9 220ish Aminu, and 7' McFarland? That's an NBA front line. Plus they have a couple of 7 footers on the bench... that can play. UNC is a great combo of talent and experience, Duke is a finely tuned machine, but the most talented team in the ACC is Wake.

Wow, that is a bold statement. Based on their relative youth and size I may have to agree that Wake has the most talent. If everyone stays they will be unstoppable next year.

Archived