2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Yeah, last night was kind of a night I wish Hyde took on more DH loss risk.

McCann made one of the last 8 outs after a tiring Povich lost the 2-2 tie on Jose Ramirez's HR, and Gunnar following McCann had a 2-out, nobody on situation for what played out as his final plate appearance of the game.

The game eventually ended with Cowser in the on deck circle.

Trade off would have been you mess up Adley's half night off requiring him to pivot to catching the 8th and 9th.

All that said, tired rosters are grinding to the All-Star break, and there are no perfect teams.

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

So who will DH tonight ? Adley will C. 

I guess they could give Westburg some rest and DH him. Cowser I bet plays CF. Hays and Santander will play. 

Outside chance Kjerstad plays.

Good question. This is my guess:

Gunnar - SS
Adley - C
Westburg - 3B
Mountcastle - 1B
Santander - RF
Hays - LF
Kjerstad - DH
Mateo - 2B
Cowser - CF

They probably play Urias over Kjerstad though.

Edited by DirtyBird

17 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

So who will DH tonight ? Adley will C. 

I guess they could give Westburg some rest and DH him. Cowser I bet plays CF. Hays and Santander will play. 

Outside chance Kjerstad plays.

My guess for a RHB stack without McCann:

Adley C

Westburg 3B

Santander RF

Mountcastle 1B

Gunnar SS

Hays LF

Mateo 2B

Mullins CF

Urias DH

Westburg and Urias could flip DH/3B. Westburg and Mountcastle could be flipped in the lineup order.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

If he is than he should have an actual day off.  

The Os have proven this year that they believe McCann is an asset vs lefties.

McCann has been worse against lefties this year, if that's humanly possible.

Hell, last year he was worse against lefties, too. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I doubt that.  Looks like tickets are going below face value unless you’re a birdland member.
    • Article from when we signed him last November said he was out of options. Wonder if povich makes the playoff roster or someone like him makes sense to option down.    im a bit surprised he didn’t get called up sooner too other than the lack of options to send him back down after. But if we were going to just call him up for one bulk relief outing then release him, we could’ve done it for more meaningful games.    he is only just reaching arbitration, so he’d have to stick on the roster next year unless they can pass him through waivers anyway, but you’d at least like to give him a spring training opportunity to make the bullpen. 
    • If Cowser does not receive the Rookie of the year, the Orioles will not pick up any draft pick if he finishes 2nd or 3rd. The owners and players did not institute an international draft, which is where the international draft picks would have come into play for 2nd and 3rd place finishers in the Rookie of the Year.
    • https://www.mlb.com/news/prospect-performance-incentive-ppi-eligible-players
    • Detroit is one of those teams that got hot at the right time. I think they have won 6 in a row and were 9-1 in their last 10. I checked yesterday I think, but getting hot at the right time is huge for the Tigers. I think Texas last season got hot at the right time and they were like a freaking buzz saw.    I picked Baltimore to be a wild card before the season started, but had them going farther in the playoffs. I hope these guys can get it done. 🕊️
    • With either team as the opponent, the key is going to be us.  At full strength, our lineup is just flat out better than either KC’s or DET’s. Not by a little. By a lot. Witt is unreal, and Perez, Greene, and Carpenter are all really good. But behind those guys, it’s a bunch of mostly light hitters that have had their hot streaks (with DET’s being mostly ongoing) that don’t really compare to the depth in our lineup. If our pitching mostly holds up, we’ll win as long as our hitters do what they can do. Both of those are giant question marks, obviously, and the season will hang on the answer our guys provide. But you really can’t ask for much more than an opportunity to go into a series saying we think we’re better on paper than them and we just need to perform — that certainly didn’t feel like the case last year, with the way the Rangers hit up and down the lineup all season.
  • Popular Contributors