2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

7 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

In past seasons they would have run McKenna out there in place of Cowser. I am glad that we are no longer taking that kind of approach. 

That probably has more to do with McKenna than Cowser

30 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Santander also has terrible stats vs. Cortes and has been making some truly awful swing decisions lately. I had thought this would be a good day to play Kjerstad in RF.

But then you would have to start Kjerstad vs a left-handed Starter when Kjerstad has historically hit lefties well in his minor league career.  (.880 OPS vs LHP in 2023 in minors)

It might be the defensive piece that they are more worried about, idk.

49 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Santander also has terrible stats vs. Cortes and has been making some truly awful swing decisions lately. I had thought this would be a good day to play Kjerstad in RF.

I thought this, too.  But it's also a lot to expect Kjerstad to hit well when he's been stone cold on the bench.  I like this idea in theory but I'm not sure how well it would play out.  

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Watch us light it up against Cortes after having struggled so much against him the past 2 seasons, because that's baseball.

Cortes does have a 6.08 ERA on the road since the start of the 2023 season.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Cortes does have a 6.08 ERA on the road since the start of the 2023 season.

Last year he went 5.1 innings with 4 hits, 2 earned, 5 strikeouts and 2 walks in his lone start at Camden Yards.

For his career against us, he's got a 1.99 ERA in 45.1 innings, 4 wins and 0 losses.  His WHIP against us is 0.927.  It's the lowest WHIP against any team he's faced consistently (I'm not counting interleague eams where he's thrown 8 innings against a team) in the AL outside of the Guardians.  And he's got 23.1 more innings against us than he does them.

This bleeping guy owns us.  I'm not expecting much out of our offense tonight but I would absolutely love it if we lit him up like a Christmas tree.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Last year he went 5.1 innings with 4 hits, 2 earned, 5 strikeouts and 2 walks in his lone start at Camden Yards.

For his career against us, he's got a 1.99 ERA in 45.1 innings, 4 wins and 0 losses.  His WHIP against us is 0.927.  It's the lowest WHIP against any team he's faced consistently (I'm not counting interleague eams where he's thrown 8 innings against a team) in the AL outside of the Guardians.  And he's got 23.1 more innings against us than he does them.

This bleeping guy owns us.  I'm not expecting much out of our offense tonight but I would absolutely love it if we lit him up like a Christmas tree.  

Probably why the Yankees are favorites (again) tonight!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You're probably right but the composition of this team has changed quite a bit in 24 months.

15 minutes ago, Malike said:

Probably why the Yankees are favorites (again) tonight!

We were favored last night. -110 is the standard line if nobody is favored. The Yanks are -120 right now. Slight favorites. Yankee inflation factored in. Just like the Cowboys in the NFL. 

13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We were favored last night. -110 is the standard line if nobody is favored. The Yanks are -120 right now. Slight favorites. Yankee inflation factored in. Just like the Cowboys in the NFL. 

I'm not a betting man, and Google says the team with the - is the favorite. Learn something new every day.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

You're probably right but the composition of this team has changed quite a bit in 24 months.

I’m on my phone, too lazy to look at the lineups of ours he faced last year. 

If I had to guess, a lot of names are similar.

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Zero chance we lose tonight.

Over confident much?

Unless you know something that I don’t know (like the fix being in or something) then they still have to play the game. And there are a lot of factors that will effect the outcome of the game.

When I see people/posters making statements as wild as the one that you are exclaiming, I assume/hope that it is said in jest.