Corbin Burnes 2024

Spy Fox

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

Even with the team's situations very likely decided, I think tonight means a little something to Burnes and Cole.    The best thrive on these kinds of challenges, and Burnes is about to be maybe the best free agent starter since Cole.

Is he 80% as good?    The same on an average annual value basis?    Better?

I know this isn't the 2023 Cole but to say the best thrive on challenges, why did Cole call for his own IBB against Devers last week? The best should trust their stuff enough with no runners on in the 4th inning.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Even with the team's situations very likely decided, I think tonight means a little something to Burnes and Cole.    The best thrive on these kinds of challenges, and Burnes is about to be maybe the best free agent starter since Cole.

Is he 80% as good?    The same on an average annual value basis?    Better?

I for one am banking on the Orioles sweeping the rest of the season and the Yankees losing out.

22 minutes ago, Malike said:

I know this isn't the 2023 Cole but to say the best thrive on challenges, why did Cole call for his own IBB against Devers last week? The best should trust their stuff enough with no runners on in the 4th inning.

Oh, I could go on for a minute or three speculating about Gerrit Cole's makeup, but I fear it would be undecodable.

I think wiser to watch how the upcoming competitions play out.

I do think there is a real wholesome sweetness to the "Yankee Fan Forever" kid living out his dream.

Mike Elias has done some balancing of his Bats and Arms in 2024, but he isn't there yet and the way his team has to win if it can is all his precious bats step up and beat Gerrit Cole in championship competition.     The blueprint wasn't for Holliday and Mayo to be absent from this round, but they are.

• Upvote 1