Adam Loewen on MLB right now

EASTERNSHOREFAN

MLB network is showing Canada vs the Blue Jays and Adam is starting in RF for the Jays

They also had a segment about Loewen during the Jays 30/30 show. They talked about the "Fell Good Story of Adam Loewen." That's OUR feel good story damnit! He should have been OUR hero! I really liked Adam, but I can't say I wish him any success in his comeback!

What would be perfect is if Adam does well enough to reach the majors, but isn't an impact player who we really regret losing. That way he can reach his dream of a major league career without us grinding our teeth every time he comes up to bat.

Say he turns into a .270/.330/.450 outfielder/1B. I wouldn't lose sleep over that.

MLB network is showing Canada vs the Blue Jays and Adam is starting in RF for the Jays

Loewen was 1 for 3 in yesterday's game, doubling in a run, as Canada edged the Blue Jays 6-4.

The MLB scoreboard has Canada playing the Phillies today, trailing by a 9-2 score, and the Blue Jays barely beating the US team, 6-5. Loewen pinch hit and drew a walk, scored a run, and then took over in right field. Putz was terrible in relief, allowing 3 runs, blowing the save, and taking the loss for the US team, after we had scored 4 runs off Santos in the 8th and took a 5-2 lead.

Why in heaven's name would anyone want to wish ill-will towards Adam Loewen? It's not his fault he was injured and no longer able to pitch. And why would you hold it against him because he wanted to play baseball for a team in his country that he grew up rooting for? He obviously thought the Blue Jays would give him a better chance than the Orioles, and it appears he might have been right.

I wish Adam nothing but the best.

Why in heaven's name would anyone want to wish ill-will towards Adam Loewen? It's not his fault he was injured and no longer able to pitch. And why would you hold it against him because he wanted to play baseball for a team in his country that he grew up rooting for? He obviously thought the Blue Jays would give him a better chance than the Orioles, and it appears he might have been right.

I wish Adam nothing but the best.

Because he made a verbal agreement and broke it.

Because he made a verbal agreement and broke it.

I'll agree that--based on what I've read--he maybe could have handled things better, but does anyone here think he really had a shot at making the Orioles as an outfielder? If he was playing 1B everyday and doing well, I'd be a little hacked off, but I can't get aggravated about this at all.

His whole career with us was very annoying. He and his dumb... agent wanted to sign a Major League contract. Forcing us to put him on the 40 man roster way too early. It forced us to promote him thru the minors at a very fast clip. He didnt pitch well in Frederick. Got promoted. We had to rush him to keep him. Maybe that contributed to the wear and tear on his freak bone injury. Who knows. Then we were good enough to want to keep him with the club. He was happy enough to accept the deal when it looked like his career was gonna be over. Then he just turns his back on us.

It left a major bad taste in my mouth.

Like another poster said. I would like him to make it back to the majors but only as a part time player who really isnt that good. If he somehow becomes an allstar. Well then I will really be pissed at him.

Human nature. We cant always turn the other cheek. Im no angel. Im an Oriole Fanatic.

... does anyone here think he really had a shot at making the Orioles as an outfielder?

Probably just as much of a shot as he does with the Jays, once Jones and Pie turn out to be the second coming of Corey Patterson and Juan Pierre. :)

... If he was playing 1B everyday and doing well, I'd be a little hacked off, but I can't get aggravated about this at all.

Converting a left handed throwing outfielder who was an ex-pitcher into a 1st baseman isn't likely to be too difficult -- see one each Stan Musial.

It probably helps a little if the transition to position player occurs when the pitcher with the bum arm is 19 instead of 25.

Archived