Orioles attendance 2024

Holiday, Red Sox, free t-shirts — I’m not surprised it was the second biggest crowd of the year.   And the crowd saw a game that should have them wanting to come back for more.  I’m glad the weather cooperated.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Holiday, Red Sox, free t-shirts — I’m not surprised it was the second biggest crowd of the year.   And the crowd saw a game that should have them wanting to come back for more.  I’m glad the weather cooperated.  

Well I was there with the wife and kids and will definitely be back in June. Just doing my part if that helps…lol

• Upvote 1

Through 30 home dates, O's attendance is 764,016, a 26.9% increase over last year's 602,069.  If that pace of increase continues, attendance would end up at about 2.458 mm, an increase of more than 500 k over last year.

The O's have had a lot of early home cooking, with 30 home dates in 54 games.   They'll pay for it in August.  Remaining home dates by month:

May: 1/1

June: 15/29

July: 13/25

August: 10/28

September: 12/25

June could be juicy, with Tampa (2 weekend games), Atlanta (3 weekday games), Philly (3 weekend games), Cleveland (3 weekday games) and Texas (1 weekday game, 3 weekend games) on the schedule.   Average attendance so far this year has been 25,467 per game; June should beat that handily.   

• Upvote 2

If they remain competitive, extend a couple guys, make a first or second tier FA signing or two, as well as implement the stadium upgrades… we could be back in business.  A lot of ifs, however.   Just keep winning and the rest get easier.

Oriole fans will need to be loud next weekend - willing to bet many Phillies fans will be at the game. I know a few that bought tickets as soon as they saw the schedule. While Phillies fans will be the minority, we know how passionate they are. GO O's! should be fun.

On 6/8/2024 at 9:24 AM, BobP said:

Oriole fans will need to be loud next weekend - willing to bet many Phillies fans will be at the game. I know a few that bought tickets as soon as they saw the schedule. While Phillies fans will be the minority, we know how passionate they are. GO O's! should be fun.

Lots of E-A-G-L-E-S chants I'm sure.  Is it just me or do a lot of Phillie fans look like Neanderthals?

1 minute ago, Safelykept said:

33,700 Wow, its starting to gather momentum , could potentially be 3 sellouts this weekend.

Weekday day games draw surprisingly well.  Just shy of 82 k for the Atlanta series, and possibly 120 k for the Phillies.   That would be quite a week.