The bottom line is this. Management is placing $ over wins as far as importance this year

4 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Again...I keep asking this and no one answers.

Why are players like Mateo, Urias, Kemp and Hays playing over guys who are younger, hungrier, and most importantly better in a year that we CAN WIN THE WS?

I am all ears.   Don't give me a snarky insult.  TELL ME WHY. 

I think there are a few reasons.   1 is service time issues.   Both Mayo and Holliday are ready IMO, but are largely not here due to not waiting to start their mlb clock.  I disagree with that,  but it's not up to me.  Kemp and either Urias or Mateo would be gone to make room in my world.  As to Hays, right or wrong Hays was an Allstar last year and is going have plenty of rope.  It didn't help that the other OF kid, Kjerstad,  didn't look great in spring,  though of course he's mashing now.   And Stowers just is never going to get a chance around here. 

We may not like it,  I sure don't,  but the kids are going to stay in AAA until whatever timetable for Elias passes and the vets either underperform enough to lose playing time,  are traded or become free agents. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Dude, you're the one dealing in hyperbole.  And showboating your wife around and talking about your stupid bowling scores and your Al Bundy-like sports career tends to make things about you.  So go on, tell us how you scored four touchdowns playing for Polk High.

You're also the one dealing in feels, not facts.

You should also notice that practically no one on this board is ranting and raving to keep Tony Kemp on the roster, same with Urias and the others.  You're making a strawman argument and it's boneheaded and obnoxious.  Literally NO ONE is arguing against your point, we're all just pointing out how unpleasant and obtuse you are.

I didn't show boat anything about my wife.  In fact I mentioned her in a post and within a minute of me posting that post I deleted the sentence I made about her because  it wasn't worth it.  Of course someone (Elextano8) was SO QUICK to save what I had originally said that Corn then chimed in, as did others, and started making comments about her. 

Go back to the post of mine that this guy (extrano8) saved...within 2 minutes of me making it and then deleting the part about my wife mind you.  You will see that my wife is not mentioned. 

So yup at that point I am going to stick up for my wife.  As any man should. 

On 4/4/2024 at 2:31 PM, OnlyOneOriole said:

As does my wife.  Who is a 9/10 Asian and who if she wanted to could make huge $$$$ from that.  But she doesn't.  

Why?  Because of threads like this.

Just wanted to make sure the edit didn't cause this gem to be lost to the ether.

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I didn't show boat anything about my wife.  In fact I mentioned her in a post and within a minute of me posting that post I deleted the sentence I made about her because  it wasn't worth it.  Of course someone (Elextano8) was SO QUICK to save what I had originally said that Corn then chimed in, as did others, and started making comments about her. 

Go back to the post of mine that this guy (extrano8) saved...within 2 minutes of me making it and then deleting the part about my wife mind you.  You will see that my wife is not mentioned. 

So yup at that point I am going to stick up for my wife.  As any man should. 

What, didn’t want to address the baseball part of my post? 

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

What, didn’t want to address the baseball part of my post? 

You need to go back and qualify your baseball input by telling us how many sports you are elite in to warrant a response on that. Geez man, follow the thread rules!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, oriolefan1035 said:

You need to go back and qualify your baseball input by telling us how many sports you are elite in to warrant a response on that. Geez man, follow the thread rules!

I think you are fighting a losing battle. First, you need to decide what you will post before you hit the button. You can expect someone to capture what you said when you posted it. Talking about your spouse here was beyond stupid. Regardless if you came to your senses 2 minutes later.

What does being elite in a sport have to do with discussing it here on a blog site? Nada! 

I’m 53 and have been discussing the Orioles here for more than 20 years. I referee Football as a head official at the Varsity level.  My total experience is 27 years. I am also a High School Softball Umpire and have more than 10 years experience. At my option I could do college in both sports. I played Baseball, Football, and Soccer at the High School level. I went in the military  before getting my degree. As an adult , I played 20+ years of competitive men’s softball that includes out of state tournaments.

None of that buys me anything here in regard to my opinion on the Orioles or Ravens. On the RSR, their veteran posters didn’t want to here about my experience as an official and quite frankly took my declaration about the matter as my way of telling them I know more than them about the subject. 

Honestly, you’d get very little consideration here if you had played MLB. Honestly I doubt Cal’s son Ryan would get any grace here in regard to his opinions. I know he’d likely be popular. And we have guys like @Roy Firestoneposting here and I’d bet he’d tell you he hasn’t gotten the benefit of the doubt from posters here over the years despite being a paid member of the media in his career.

Finally, I suggest as a fellow poster that you just go back to being a fan poster and quit trying to validate the value of your opinion based on anything you’ve done in your life because nobody cares.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I think you are fighting a losing battle. First, you need to decide what you will post before you hit the button. You can expect someone to capture what you said when you posted it. Talking about your spouse here was beyond stupid. Regardless if you came to your senses 2 minutes later.

What does being elite in a sport have to do with discussing it here on a blog site? Nada! 

I’m 53 and have been discussing the Orioles here for more than 20 years. I referee Football as a head official at the Varsity level.  My total experience is 27 years. I am also a High School Softball Umpire and have more than 10 years experience. At my option I could do college in both sports. I played Baseball, Football, and Soccer at the High School level. I went in the military  before getting my degree. As an adult , I played 20+ years of competitive men’s softball that includes out of state tournaments.

None of that buys me anything here in regard to my opinion on the Orioles or Ravens. On the RSR, their veteran posters didn’t want to here about my experience as an official and quite frankly took my declaration about the matter as my way of telling them I know more than them about the subject. 

Honestly, you’d get very little consideration here if you had played MLB. Honestly I doubt Cal’s son Ryan would get any grace here in regard to his opinions. I know he’d likely be popular. And we have guys like @Roy Firestoneposting here and I’d bet he’d tell you he hasn’t gotten the benefit of the doubt from posters here over the years despite being a paid member of the media in his career.

Finally, I suggest as a fellow poster that you just go back to being a fan poster and quit trying to validate the value of your opinion based on anything you’ve done in your life because nobody cares.

Lol calm down buddy, I’m not the OP here. 🤣🤣

• Downvote 1

Holliday wouldn’t be helping us versus all these lefties. Neither would Stowers and Kjerstad. Norby doesn’t have great numbers versus lefties himself. Only a .666 OPS last season. Only Mayo would be helping. Can he play 3rd?

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

We're going to need to see a picture of you in your ref uniform before we accept this post.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Dude, you're the one dealing in hyperbole.  And showboating your wife around and talking about your stupid bowling scores and your Al Bundy-like sports career tends to make things about you.  So go on, tell us how you scored four touchdowns playing for Polk High.

You're also the one dealing in feels, not facts.

You should also notice that practically no one on this board is ranting and raving to keep Tony Kemp on the roster, same with Urias and the others.  You're making a strawman argument and it's boneheaded and obnoxious.  Literally NO ONE is arguing against your point, we're all just pointing out how unpleasant and obtuse you are.

I didn't show boat anything about my wife.  In fact I mentioned her in a post and within a minute of me posting that post I deleted the sentence I made about her because I said it wasn't worth it.  Of course someone was SO QUICK to save what I had originally said that corn then chimed in, as did others, and started making comments about her. 

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I didn't show boat anything about my wife.  In fact I mentioned her in a post and within a minute of me posting that post I deleted the sentence I made about her because I said it wasn't worth it.  Of course someone was SO QUICK to save what I had originally said that corn then chimed in, as did others, and started making comments about her. 

Bro you’ve made many comments about your wife on here before like how she’s a smokeshow and doesn’t look her age. 

Didn’t want to address the baseball part of my response to you? Not surprised. 

Well that is 2 or 3 games that the O's have lost with players like Hays, Mateo and Urias playing.  Who are total black holes at the plate.  2 or 3 losses in only 9 games mind you. Just gave the wins away. 

Extrapolate that over a full season and that is a lot of losses playing players that are no where near as good as what is at AAA. 

You simply cannot afford to give away wins in the division the O's play in.   This team was full of swagger all pre season and now they look dead.  They know the best players aren't playing. 

But hey, don't listen to me because I said I played on some sports teams.  I have no idea what I am talking about. 

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Bro you’ve made many comments about your wife on here before like how she’s a smokeshow and doesn’t look her age. 

Didn’t want to address the baseball part of my response to you? Not surprised. 

There are actually quite a few people in favor of keeping the guys down on the farm ITT and others.