4/6 - at Pittsburgh

Did someone inform Tyler Wells that he's not required to give up several runs in the first couple of innings each game?  He seems to be under the impression that setting up a dramatic comeback is mandatory, but it most definitely is not.

Edited by Morgan423

Just now, Morgan423 said:

Did someone inform Tyler Wells that he's not required to give up several runs in the first couple of innings each game?  He seems to be under the impression that setting up a dramatic comeback is mandatory, but it most definitely is not,

Hey now, he technically had a quality start last time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Is it me or do we have a couple guys, Wells among them, who’s cutter just gets crushed?  Lucky that cookie to Tellez was just an RBI single. 

Seems like that doesn’t it?  I am not a fan of location being exclusively outside for the most part.  I’m sure the analytics support it, but to me It becomes too predictable.  Rather throw inside on the hands to both left and right handed hitters (yes even right on right).  Maybe it’s not swing and miss when located there, but may induce weak contact and also I think the variety changes batter eye to set up other pitches.