Brandon Hyde 2024

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

You sound like you get your caramel latte with soy milk

And you sound like a BSer who hates it when someone calls out your BS

Edited by Jagwar
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I rarely second guess Hyde, but this was not his best day.  I’d told a friend in the 6th inning we should avoid Kimbrel today.   He’s been overused and now we’re paying the price.  And they should have yanked him for injury when they came to the mound.  Terrible decision to let him continue.

I'd like to know more about the injury before we crucify Hyde. If Kimbrel insisted he was good to go, are you really expecting him to bring in Tate with no warmup? And would the outcome have been different?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Amazing how the pitchforks come out after a bad loss

Just imagine if they lose again, tomorrow. There’ll be people here unironically saying that we need to sell, and fire Hyde and Elias. Worst time of the year here is *any* time we play the Yankees.

Hearing Hyde say "trust the player". Fine, but even after Kimbrel was trash on Friday night too? I'm not buying it and he should have yanked him first mound visit.

If we don't get 7 plus from starters this week a 4 game sweep is very much in play

20 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s on Kimbrel to tell him he can’t go. Hyde can’t tell him he is hurt. 

There’s a great Mike Tomlin video about it being the coaches responsibility to determine this. The player is almost always going to tell you they’re fine.

PS it’s ok to hate the Steelers and respect them

9 minutes ago, Malike said:

Everything you say is diarrhea, you bring nothing to the board but trolling. You are a zero.

The funny this is that weightlifter guy knows who he is. DB thinks he’s bringing value.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, survivedc said:

There’s a great Mike Tomlin video about it being the coaches responsibility to determine this. The player is almost always going to tell you they’re fine.

PS it’s ok to hate the Steelers and respect them

If a player can’t run or has a concussion is little different than upper back tightness.  

In football you can come out and go back in. This isn’t football. 

5 minutes ago, survivedc said:

The funny this is that weightlifter guy knows who he is. DB thinks he’s bringing value.

It's all good. They may allow him to troll all he wants, but I won't see it unless someone quotes him.

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If a player can’t run or has a concussion is little different than upper back tightness.  

In football you can come out and go back in. This isn’t football. 

I don’t understand your distinction. Kimbrel clearly had an issue, they came out to check on him. He wasn’t right his previous appearance. 

The coach has to decide if someone is ok.

1 minute ago, survivedc said:

I don’t understand your distinction. Kimbrel clearly had an issue, they came out to check on him. He wasn’t right his previous appearance. 

The coach has to decide if someone is ok.

In football you can take a player under the blue tent and run a bunch of tests on him. He can always come back in. 

In this instance you have to make an instant judgement. He threw one pitch and stayed in. 

You are arguing Hyde should have just said you don’t look right and you are out. I don’t think that’s easy. 

38 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Can we trade with the A's for some relief pitching??? Hat's off to them for a gritty series. Elias more than Hyde has work to do. The next four games could be ugly.

I was thinking of this on Friday as well. Elias needs to make a move before the Yankees do. Five months of a very shaky back end of the bullpen would be very detrimental to my health!