Enrique Bradfield Jr. 2024

Frobby

6 hours ago, EdwinRip said:

Definitely.  Making millions by performing well wasn’t enough for the young man.

It was a bit of a joke, but it’s also the case that sometimes wake-up calls come from different things.  You hear all of the time about athletes using slights to motivate them. Money doesn’t do it all of the time or for everyone. 

On 5/18/2024 at 8:34 AM, jabba72 said:

Here's how some other Oriole prospects have fared in Aberdeen. 

Cowser .795
Kjerstad .674
Mayo .821
Henderson .775
Westburg .858

I would say Bradfield is doing pretty well at the moment. 

There is some accounting for the Aberdeen dip on production with Bradfield. Yesterday's home run was nice to see.

13 hours ago, Dunk35 said:

That swing looked smooth. Hopefully he can fill out and add some muscle. Maybe 10 HR a year kinda guy. 

At least we now know he has pro-grade HR power. Aberdeen's a tough park to hit them out and he cleared the fence easily. Im encouraged.

10 hours ago, jabba72 said:

At least we now know he has pro-grade HR power. Aberdeen's a tough park to hit them out and he cleared the fence easily. Im encouraged.

I saw him hit some moonshot in college.  The power is in there but the swing wasn’t geared to do damage.  I’m going to try and go see him play soon.  It looks like he’s made some pretty significant swing adjustments.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, jabba72 said:

He turned on a down and in pitch, got all of it, pulled it towards the line, and it went out by 20 feet.    If he can do that again, great.   I doubt he can put one out between straight away RF to the LF pole.   RF to the RF foul pole?  Yes.

Bradfield’s season has gone a little differently than I expected.  My big question going in was, could he get enough extra base hits to keep his ISO at .100 or better?  I thought if he did, he’d have a solid BA and walk rate and put up a .280/.380/.380 type line.  But, I wasn’t sure the ISO would be there, in which case I thought his BA and walk rate would suffer.  

So far, he’s kept his ISO over .100 pretty consistently, even before his two recent homers.  But the BA and OBP haven’t been as good as I expected.  So far, .264/.337/.383.   By month, his ISO has gone .106, .108, .152.  

Anyway, still a lot of season to go, but I thought we’d see Bradfield on base a good bit more.