Enrique Bradfield Jr. 2024

Frobby

36 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Is anyone placing odds on whether Bradfield becomes an every day starter for the Orioles?  I would take the "no" on that one. 

Too early to place odds IMO.  If I had to guess today, I’d say less than 50% but not by a lot.  We’ll know a lot more by the end of the season.  

For as great a fielder as Bradfield is supposed to be it doesn’t seem like we have seen many great highlights.  Might just be because he is in the low minors. This is not to say he isn’t a great fielder.  I have zero reason to believe he isn’t. 

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

For as great a fielder as Bradfield is supposed to be it doesn’t seem like we have seen many great highlights.  Might just be because he is in the low minors. This is not to say he isn’t a great fielder.  I have zero reason to believe he isn’t. 

Sometimes the really great ones make the hard play look routine.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sometimes the really great ones make the hard play look routine.

This. When I saw Bradfield in spring training, he was playing CF like Blair…shallow positioning and range for days, had no trouble racing backwards to catch warning track shots with ease. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, IPlayGM said:

Not sure if anyone else saw this. Pretty encouraging stuff.

https://www.mlb.com/news/enrique-bradfield-jr-off-to-fast-start-to-2024-season

The thought of him being able to lead off for the big league team would be a dream come true!

It’s was a good article. Aberdeen seems like a tough stepping stool in our system. Once it clicks for a prospect there, it’s normally green light ahead. 

18 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Anyone else concerned he has hit 0 homeruns? Even the great Adam Hall hit a few. 

Brian Roberts had 1 homer in his first two years in the minors.  Granted we don’t know when he went on the juice. 

29 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Anyone else concerned he has hit 0 homeruns? Even the great Adam Hall hit a few. 

No, don’t care.  If his ISO is over .100 he’ll be an asset. 

17 hours ago, Frobby said:

No, don’t care.  If his ISO is over .100 he’ll be an asset. 

Right. If Bradfield gets the ball into the gaps it’s almost an automatic double with his speed. 

• 2 weeks later...