If you could change/update/renovate a few things at Camden Yards...what would you do?

DrLev

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are already monuments to the six Orioles with retired numbers at the north end of the Warehouse; the six number statues. *Exit tour guide mode* They could use a LOT of work, though.

Maybe they could put something to go along with the numbers, like a small wall with stats and the like. I am not saying make it look like Yankee stadium, but maybe something to go along with the number.

Other than that I would say make the box seats cheaper again. When we first started going the box seats weren't even 30 bucks...now for prime games what are they, like 80 bucks? I know they have cheaper seats in the ballpark, but I miss my old seats on the 1st base line.

-Natty Boh at 3 a can

-Stop all crap music

-Start playing better music and do it much less frequently

-Stop anything that directs the crowd to cheer

-End the Crab Shuffle

-End the Mustard, Ketchup, Relish race

-Dollar Dog night once a month

-If you put gimmicks on the screen, make them more Baltimore-centric (i.e. clips from movies/shows filmed in Baltimore)

-Fire a-hole ushers that cater to Red Sox fans

-Allow/Encourage mild to medium harrasment of Red Sox fans

-Remove 10k seats

There's more.

Try to arrange for the fences in left center to be moved back about 10-15 feet.

That's the big one for me too! Probably not realistic (as someone else pointed out, it would require some renovation) but my one (and only) pet peeve about Camden is that it's way too short in the alleys. This is especially huge as the O's are on the verge of potentially being a pitching-dominant team in the next decade. Let's help those guys out!

I guess picking up the whole durned park and moving it to 33rd Street isn't really practical...

...Dollar Dog night once a month...

Come out to left field every Dugout Club night. We've got your dollar dogs.

I haven't been to OPACY since May 2007, but up to that time I often noticed something that really irked me. Many of the plaques for the Orioles Hall of Fame on Eutaw St were weathered to the point that they were nearly impossible to read. Is it too much to ask that someone take a rag and clean them off every now and then? When you consider what this franchise has amounted to the past 11 seasons, you would think they wouldn't want a symbol of their proud history to look so shabby. I also agree with BTerp that the retired numbers outside the north Eutaw St gates needed a major polishing. That's just plain laziness IMO.

Mount some old fashioned steam whistles to the warehouse and let them blow whenever the O's hit a home run. They make a cool sound and it fits in with Camden Yards being an old railroad sight.

The Reds have the steam whistles (Pepsi Power Stacks) at their stadium, fitting since the backdrop to their stadium is the Ohio River where steamboats would travel.

I haven't been to OPACY since May 2007' date=' but up to that time I often noticed something that really irked me. Many of the plaques for the Orioles Hall of Fame on Eutaw St were weathered to the point that they were nearly impossible to read. Is it too much to ask that someone take a rag and clean them off every now and then? When you consider what this franchise has amounted to the past 11 seasons, you would think they wouldn't want a symbol of their proud history to look so shabby. I also agree with BTerp that the retired numbers outside the north Eutaw St gates needed a major polishing. That's just plain laziness IMO.[/quote']

They did a really nice job repairing the OHOF plaques. Plus, they have them covered this off-season (clear plastic, still readable).

-Natty Boh at 3 a can

-Stop all crap music

-Start playing better music and do it much less frequently

-Stop anything that directs the crowd to cheer

-End the Crab Shuffle

-End the Mustard, Ketchup, Relish race

-Dollar Dog night once a month

-If you put gimmicks on the screen, make them more Baltimore-centric (i.e. clips from movies/shows filmed in Baltimore)

-Fire a-hole ushers that cater to Red Sox fans

-Allow/Encourage mild to medium harrasment of Red Sox fans

-Remove 10k seats

There's more.

Amen.....more classic rock between innings, and less animated crap on the scoreboards! Even on the nights when I had a few beers, I was never entertained by condiments running the bases and swimming crabs. Show more highlights from classic O's games, highlights from other games going on (is that allowed?), and mix in some new bloopers for God's sake.

EDIT: And enough of the music whenever an Oriole comes to bat. Are the players' egos that big that they need intro music every single time they come up, or does someone actually think the fans get fired up by it?

My truly sacrilegious and crazy plan would be to remove two seats per row in every section, and make the remaining ones wider. Since that's not going to happen any time soon...

1) Have a display of the retired numbers somewhere INSIDE the park. My suggestions would be either on the facade of the pressbox, or on one of the outfield walls.

2) Abandon all hope for selling the nosebleed seats in the LF corner, and convert two sections of them to premium seating, rather like the Monster seats in Boston.

Arrange it something like comfy seat-small table-comfy seat-gap-repeat.

Put a second, massive HD board either on the Warehouse roof or above the pressbox, so these people would have something to see. Have catered service up there (super club service?). Give the seven remaining high rollers in town, or those people who want a novelty experience a couple of times a year something "different" to try. The rest of the people stranded out there would benefit from the second board, as well.

Archived