If you could change/update/renovate a few things at Camden Yards...what would you do?

DrLev

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OPACY is nearly perfect in every way. If I could change one thing, I'd say add Orioles Cheerleaders on top of the dugouts bwtween innings! :eektf: :laughlol:

We have a winner!!!

(Like they do in Japan)

Maybe they could put something to go along with the numbers, like a small wall with stats and the like. I am not saying make it look like Yankee stadium, but maybe something to go along with the number.

Other than that I would say make the box seats cheaper again. When we first started going the box seats weren't even 30 bucks...now for prime games what are they, like 80 bucks? I know they have cheaper seats in the ballpark, but I miss my old seats on the 1st base line.

I know it's not going to happen with Sports legends right next door, but I would love to see more of a display of the history of Baltimore baseball at the yard. Maybe small displays going chronologically around the park. Each display would have a replica of that year's jersey and hat, a team picture, a photograph of a significant moment from that season, and a picture either of the fans or a player out in the community from that year.

When I go to ahl hockey games in Hershey, they have jerseys lining the concourses and you see people talking about memories brought back, kids making fun of the sweaters for the funny shoelaces on the front that they used to wear. Every time you get a soda or go to the bathroom, you are reminded that the team that you were just watching is part of a greater legacy.

Parents could walk around the stadium and show their kids what the Os looked like when they were kids. Reinforce that family bond that is so often intrinsic to baseball fandom.

I would like to see them fix the clock on top of the scoreboard so you can read it.

They tried to fix it once by putting orange hands on the clock but that damn black grill that covers it still blocks the hands at certain times...such as 9:00.

Good luck reading that one..

I would also like to see the Orioles cheer become more regular at the yard. Bring back the atmosphere that Memorial had...which is slowly happening as just the die hards are attending.

Shoot any Yankee or Red Sox fan that carries a banner...without warning.

I would also like to see the Orioles cheer become more regular at the yard. Bring back the atmosphere that Memorial had...which is slowly happening as just the die hards are attending.

Yeah, I don't understand at all why they don't have an "O-R-I-O-L-E-S" thing for the scoreboard. It's the most classic cheer for the team and probably the most popular, yet the team barely seems to endorse it except when the Bird is in your section to lead it (or SilentJames).

Put more Os history inside the Yard --- 1. HOFers (4,5,8,20,22,33) numbers or pictures, maybe on the home run fense; 2. Plus other Os greats like Cal Sr, Elrod, Boog; 3. Put 2632 on the warehouse wall permanently; 4. Have 2 ex-Os (like Bordick, BJ, Blair, Brady, Bumbry, etc.) at each game for pics and autographs; 5. Bring Back Brooks! 6. Never have a promotion night when them 2 teams are here (NY & Sox). Also have more Ravens and Terps connections/celebrations at the game.

1) Have a display of the retired numbers somewhere INSIDE the park. My suggestions would be either on the facade of the pressbox, or on one of the outfield walls.

I wish they'd build them into the Warehouse itself. Kinda like the different-colored brick that says "Warehouse A", "Warehouse B", etc., but do it better.

Exactly what "better" means, I don't know.

The main idea is to actually build them in to something old, to make them seem more timeless and forever than just signs hanging on the pressbox or outfield wall.

I'll be honest, one thing that I despise more than anything else at the Yard is the Crab Shuffle. It makes me feel like I'm a toddler or something. The condiment race is at least tolerable.

Also to be honest I don't like "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" at all either but I'm willing to bet that I won't win that battle. :)

More classic O's highlights would be neat to see, maybe some more 'get to know your O's' segments (This or That is probably my favorite segment that they do).

and def kudos to whoever suggested the Cal Ripken statue.

Show video replays on the Top board (which is bigger)

Always have every score on the out of town board at the same time (it scrolled through last year)

Show highlights of out of town games

Sell $2 scorecards inside the park, instead of making ppl pay $5 for the Orioles Magazine Scorecard.

Show video replays on the Top board (which is bigger)

Always have every score on the out of town board at the same time (it scrolled through last year)

Show highlights of out of town games

Sell $2 scorecards inside the park, instead of making ppl pay $5 for the Orioles Magazine Scorecard.

I'm pretty certain they do sell separate $2 scorecards.

Archived