Holliday called up!

jcaponio

41 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

My read: Kemp bought Elias an extra two weeks to give Holliday AAA reps and get a look at the ROY race. With Texas boys off to a slow start Elias decided to pull the trigger. Yes, "need to hit lefties" was GM speak just as much as "strong chance at opening day roster." At the end of the day he made the right move, and what he says doesn't matter.

If Jackson is hitting under .200 after a month, he might have to go back to Norfolk for more work against LHP. 

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Range has never been the issue with Holliday. He has multiple plays like that in his defensive resume.

I watched probably five Norfolk games this year.  Jackson did not look good on defense for most of the time there.  One game he basically had two errors.  I think only one was called on him.  But he has walked a ton and his bat is alive.  I think they are confident he will hit in the majors even if he struggles early.   We also have to get him up early so he can settle in defensively.  Even Ripken struggled a LOT defensively his first several years.  Lots of throwing errors I think.  But he settled down.   

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Really? I don't know. How can you think this kid is as good as we know they think he is, if he can't handle being in another team's opening day game?

Its helicopter parenting for sure.    He's 20, and they hope he plays past Halloween.    He'll have missed a valuable experience if he has to hit Cole Ragans when the stakes are higher.

You can kind of tell how much Sigbot cares about a player by how much bubble wrap is used.    It should be fun to hear Elias' new comments tomorrow.

Just now, spleen1015 said:

Ain't that the truth.

Also, you guys are crazy of you think Holliday is getting promoted because Rubenstein meddled.

I would put the odds at about 0% that Rubenstein had anything to do with this.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Maybe Rubenstein meddled, and it was incomprehensible to Elias he'd be allowed to move on that easily!

Maybe Elias remotely accessed the Sigbot after drinking heavily at the pub, fed it the wrong question and it's all a big mistake.

7 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

It should be fun to hear Elias' new comments tomorrow.

"Upon extensive consideration and a thorough review process, we determined that Jackson reached the milestones we set in place.  He also met the targets and thresholds we envisioned.  We are confident that this young player will continue the path forward and continue to check all the boxes that have been set in place for him."

Edited by yark14
  • Haha 1

I doubt Rubenstein is meddling.   I think he thinks about meddling like the computer thought about helping people find the golden ticket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  "that would be cheating"  and ignored the question.