4/12 vs. Brewers: Holiday’s Home Debut

ArtVanDelay

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

Heasley is the only bullpen arm used today and our relievers have pitched less innings than almost any team in the league.

True, but Heasley clearly does not belong, at least not as a long reliever.  He's occupying the slot Wells or Irvin should have.  

14 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

I hope Hyde never takes out a starter in the 4th inning with only a 3 run deficit again unless he's got someone other than Heasley to pitch.  

Wells was at 90 pitches already. That's about all you can expect from him this early in the year. He just wasn't very good, and Heasely is not a major league pitcher, so that's on Elias.

10 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Wells just does not seem to have it this season.  Hope nothing is wrong with him.

He wasn't this bad in his first couple games, but the Brewers may be the best team the O's have faced so far this year.

13 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

This is a game that I would expect from the 100+ loss teams. I'm sure they had games like this last season but this is kind of embarrassing.

Eh, these games happen even to the best of teams. Just a bad night. the starters have been very good this year until tonight. Then Heasley was well, Heasley. It's not his fault he's not very good. He should not be on a major league pitching staff and certainly not for a contender.

So what have we learned today:

1. Holliday is a bust

2. Corbin Burnes is not a team player and a douche.

3. Tyler Wells is the second coming of Adam Eaton

4. Everyone besides Cowser sucks

Did I miss any other overreactions? 😁

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

The OF should assume at all times the IF will not make the play and put himself in a position to make the play.  Once the OF realizes the IF will not make the play the OF should call off the IF.  

I'm going to hose you two down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I would explore trading Norby and Stowers for some solid bullpen help.  Some bad team is bound to have a bullpen arm we could use.

In the short term I suspect someone like Vespi will come up for Heasley.  After that, maybe Means comes back pretty soon and works out of the rotation or the bullpen.  I doubt they try to trade for a strong reliever before the summer but you never know.