4/12 vs. Brewers: Holiday’s Home Debut

ArtVanDelay

5 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

I used to work with a guy 25 years ago, and he was in his early 80s then. He grew up in Pittsburgh and remembers seeing Honus coaching 3rd base for the Pirates. He called him the Bow-legged Cowboy, which I guess was his posture. He also told me he heard Babe Ruth play on the radio in that era. 

That is wild.  It’s easy to forget that those guys were real people and not just numbers on Baseball Reference.  I can’t imagine laying eyes on them. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

This is a game that I would expect from the 100+ loss teams. I'm sure they had games like this last season but this is kind of embarrassing.

Braves gave up 16 runs the other day. Every team is going to have games where they look like little leaguers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ArtVanDelay said:

That is wild.  It’s easy to forget that those guys were real people and not just numbers on Baseball Reference.  I can’t imagine laying eyes on them. 

I've always said if I could go back in time, it would be some time in the 30s, 40s, 50s, just to watch the baseball.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

I've always said if I could go back in time, it would be some time in the 30s, 40s, 50s, just to watch the baseball.

If I had a super power it would be for me to travel through time. If I could go back in time I'd take the shots I didn't take and correct some life mistakes.

29 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

People can talk about adjustment all they want, but doesn't seem to be an  issue for the other Jacsksons

Even Tito had some hits!  The whining and complaining is over the top.  I guess people have already forgot that Cowser hit like .130 w/ no power over an extended callup last year. 

I'm calling that Holliday will be on a hot streak in about 3 weeks and some posters will be comparing him to past all time Oriole greats.

Just now, spleen1015 said:

I guess I'd choose the late 60s and early 70s to watch the O's.  Or the the 1890s Orioles with John McGraw.  I am old enough to have seen the O's play in the late 70s and early 80s, which was great.

The 20s through the 50s would be great but you'd have to endure a lot of Yankee World Series winning teams.  At least they weren't playing the Orioles then.

• Upvote 1