I can't help myself: does ESPN know there are players other than ARod and Manny?

Frobby

What? Not a fan of ESPN treating every one of Manny's Spring Training at bats like he was on the cusp of breaking Hank Aaron's all-time homerun record? ZOMG! Breaking News! Manny walks on 5 pitches!

Yes indeedy... ESPN has certainly outdone themselves in every way, shape, and form. Thank God this WBC has been around to distract me and the emergence of the MLB Network should soon, if it hasn't already, made ESPN's Baseball coverage 100% irrelevant.

Frobby, I can't recommend satellite radio enough.

Yeah, I sort've agree with this, although I haven't been at all pleased with Home Plate since the merger. The new morning show isn't nearly as good, and this Jody MacDonald character in the afternoon doesn't seem very knowledgable. He just spouts off a bunch of old cliches. And I've never been a fan of Dibble on the radio.

MLBN, though, is great.

ESPN would be smart to do what major network news does. During Sports Center, have break-ins from local affiliates to cover local sports. Maybe once or twice an hour for 15 mins. People in KC or even Baltimore who watch ESPN wouldn't even know their cities had pro teams for most of the year if they went off of ESPN.

That's actually a really good idea. Better secure the rights before ESPN rips and takes credit.

Yeah, I sort've agree with this, although I haven't been at all pleased with Home Plate since the merger. The new morning show isn't nearly as good, and this Jody MacDonald character in the afternoon doesn't seem very knowledgable. He just spouts off a bunch of old cliches. And I've never been a fan of Dibble on the radio.

MLBN, though, is great.

Home plate has been AWFUL since the merger. I was a big fan of Mark & Buck in the morning, and although Scott Graham is pretty good, the show has seemed too serious for me lately. It used to be "fun". I really don't care for Holden Kushner either, and Casey Stern has yet to grow on me although he is very knowledgable.

Archived