April 16: Twins vs Orioles

SteveA

1 minute ago, interloper said:

He looks good to me. Walk and another 3-2 count but got caught looking on a perfect pitch. Making decent contact. He looks way more comfortable to me. He's close.

Booted a routine DP ball, but otherwise he's been okay. His throw on the one DP he was involved in wasn't a rainbow, so progress.

Just now, Malike said:

Yeah I'm of the mind that sweepers are sliders haha.

lol yes agreed. I feel like every six years there is a desire to reinvent big breaking sliders into a new pitch.

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

Visually it’s very much sweeper, Big Ben also called it a sweeper. 

I always wonder how often announcers just call pitches off whatever Gameday equivalent they have in the booth

• Upvote 1

Just now, Remember The Alomar said:

lol yes agreed. I feel like every six years there is a desire to reinvent big breaking sliders into a new pitch.

I always wonder how often announcers just call pitches off whatever Gameday equivalent they have in the booth

I think they have gameday and statcast up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, interloper said:

He looks good to me. Walk and another 3-2 count but got caught looking on a perfect pitch. Making decent contact. He looks way more comfortable to me. He's close.

Agree with this.

Interesting about his frustration with the strike zone after getting used to the ABS/challenges tho

• Upvote 1

I'm just basking in the performance of Jordan Westburg and thinking of how he could be having an All Star season in front of our eyes.

The Orioles might even be able to consider Westburg as a Right Handed option for one of the first 2 spots in the batting order with the way he's been performing. He has plus speed to go with his hitting.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Highly entertaining, though.

Maybe, but when I'm listening to a game on the radio, I want to know what's happening in the game and, where possible, why. I listened to John Sterling hundreds of times over the years, and he was always short on those counts. I did learn from John that sometimes a guy hitting .350 will strike out and then a .150 hitter will get a hit, proving (to John) that statistics don 't mean anything.