Tyler Wells goes on IL with right elbow inflammation. Update: Albert Suarez will start today's 1pm start.

DirtyBird

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Heasly was sent down to the minor leagues when they activated Ramirez.

It's a high probability tommorrow's start will go to Zimmerman. I'd place bets on it if I was a betting man.

Oh right. Can’t believe I forgot about that. Brain fart. 

not sure who the long guy will be for tomorrow. Kind of weird that Baumann was burned today. 

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

not sure who the long guy will be for tomorrow. Kind of weird that Baumann was burned today. 

I was asking because if tomorrow's starter doesn't last long, who can eat innings?

5 minutes ago, dystopia said:

We had limited guys available today because our starters had gone 5 or fewer innings 4 straight games.   Baumann and the other guy were the most rested.

Tomorrow we have a lot more guys available.   Kimbrel and Cano could pitch if we are up late.   Webb, Coulombe, Tate, and Perez are probably all available.   So we might not have a long man but we have a lot of 1 inning guys available tomorrow and we have an off day Thursday.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We had limited guys available today because our starters had gone 5 or fewer innings 4 straight games.   Baumann and the other guy were the most rested.

Tomorrow we have a lot more guys available.   Kimbrel and Cano could pitch if we are up late.   Webb, Coulombe, Tate, and Perez are probably all available.   So we might not have a long man but we have a lot of 1 inning guys available tomorrow and we have an off day Thursday.

To clarify, I’m surprised Ramirez didn’t finish the game. 

Hoping that this is just a minor injury and he’ll be able to pitch again soon, but that this results in Wells being moved to the pen.

It’s now 3 straight years he’s hit the IL as a SP, and his stretches as a quality SP involved sizable outperformance of his peripherals. His fastball velo is significantly worse as a SP and he becomes very homer prone. We need a quality RHP reliever (with options to boot). Means and Bradish should hopefully be back soon and Povich has started off on fire.

It was worth another shot at the rotation, particularly with Bradish and Means out, but let’s get Wells in the pen now. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Hoping that this is just a minor injury and he’ll be able to pitch again soon, but that this results in Wells being moved to the pen.

It’s now 3 straight years he’s hit the IL as a SP, and his stretches as a quality SP involved sizable outperformance of his peripherals. His fastball velo is significantly worse as a SP and he becomes very homer prone. We need a quality RHP reliever (with options to boot). Means and Bradish should hopefully be back soon and Povich has started off on fire.

It was worth another shot at the rotation, particularly with Bradish and Means out, but let’s get Wells in the pen now. 

Do we think Wells has much chance of pitching at all this season? 

35 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Heasly was sent down to the minor leagues when they activated Ramirez.

It's a high probability tommorrow's start will go to Zimmerman. I'd place bets on it if I was a betting man.

O's will have no problem DFAing him after he starts.  Didn't Sedlock get a start last year?

7 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Heasley can be recalled since Wells is being placed on the IL. I'm not advocating for Heasley, but he should be eligible if the Orioles want him on the roster.

No, the corresponding move to Wells going on the IL was Banuelos today.

Heasley has to stay down until sometime next week, unless someone else goes on the iL.

• Upvote 1