Albert Suarez 2024

Tony-OH

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

This years "Bautista "in a different role of course...I give a ton of credit to Elias and his staff...Albert Suarez has been a real find...for as long as it lasts...One of baseball's great stories..

Totally agree with you both on Suárez. If he keeps pitching like this, he won’t have to worry about getting DFA . 

Do we worry about all those IP he had in the winter league for the long haul?  Meaning, how long can he hold up?

2022 - 173.2 IP

2023 - 108 IP

2023/2024 - Winter league 54.2

2024 AAA - 15.1 IP

2024 MLB - 44.2 IP

At his age, and considering he doesn’t have too many years of even 100 IP, can he hold up?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=suarez001alb

I sure hope.  He’s pitching like a top 10 Cy and an AS.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Malike said:

96 with movement apparently didn't turn him into Cy Young like people were saying in April.

It was extremely laughable when posters were telling me that he was as good as Ranger Suarez and we would be fine with him as our #3 starter in October round after round.

That is not to say that he hasn’t been wonderful this season and exceeded any expectation that anyone could have possibly had for him.

On 6/12/2024 at 6:53 AM, ChosenOne21 said:

I've been skeptical of Suarez, but at some point if he keeps it up he becomes the real deal. We're getting closer.

Even more reason now to be skeptical after his last 2 outings.

13 minutes ago, banks703 said:

I don’t see him going anywhere anytime soon. #9 starter or not, he’s in the rotation until at least Kremer returns. 

Agree.  But sadly there is no way you win in the playoffs and a WS with him in the starting rotation.

He would make a great middle reliever though!