The World Baseball Classic Thread

PrivateO

If you want, you can call it the "official" thread (I understand that there have been a couple threads already, but let's try and have a main one).

Anything WBC can be discussed.

Right now, Puerto Rico is destroying Panama 7-0 in the eighth, with bases loaded.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved Mora and Constanza playing thirdbase for both the Venuzulian and Italian teams. Constanza made a couple of nice plays at third that displayed a nice arm. He has a better arm than Mora. I also thought it might be an intentional move by Mora when he tried to bunt on Constanza. Maybe trying to make him look bad? Since if Constanza has a smoking early season and Mora hits the proverbial wall then he(Costanza) might be in the plans.

Loved Mora and Constanza playing thirdbase for both the Venuzulian and Italian teams. Constanza made a couple of nice plays at third that displayed a nice arm. He has a better arm than Mora. I also thought it might be an intentional move by Mora when he tried to bunt on Constanza. Maybe trying to make him look bad? Since if Constanza has a smoking early season and Mora hits the proverbial wall then he(Costanza) might be in the plans.

He did look very good. In the early innings of the game, he hit a rocket to left/center field for a double.

I always imagined Costanzo as a right handed hitter. Is he a switch-hitter? (He was batting lefty yesterday)

The US just tied the game with a bases loaded walk by Victor Zambrano scoring Youkilis. He got on base because of a wild pitch not stopped by Ramon Hernandez. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Disclaimer: I missed the wild pitch, so it might not have been Ramon's fault.

Gotta wonder with the passion for Venezuelan baseball if the manager takes a lot of heat back home if they lose this game having wasted Felix Hernandez on Italy and having to trot out Victor Zambrano out against team USA.

Victor Zambrano = Gift wrapped win. :mwahaha:

I never, ever thought I'd say this, but YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! :rofl:

This character (Ziegler) currently pitching for USA might need to go--he's being hit pretty hard.

Edit: dang, Pedroia is good. He saved Team USA this half inning--the beautiful DP and then the diving play for the third out. Kudos to him on this occasion.

Edit 2: Dunn launches a Ruthian blast. See that, MacPhail? We could have had that on our side this season. :angryfire::cussing:

Well, I was a Dunn fan all winter and this WBC (so far) is reminding me why.

Overall, it is has been a fun couple of games to watch. It IS weird pulling for Bosox and Yanks, but I am. I think Japan and Cuba are still the teams to beat, unless Peavy gets a little stronger between now and the next round. :P

Good stuff, it is a USA team that looks more interested in winning this time.

-Don

Well, I was a Dunn fan all winter and this WBC (so far) is reminding me why.

Overall, it is has been a fun couple of games to watch. It IS weird pulling for Bosox and Yanks, but I am. I think Japan and Cuba are still the teams to beat, unless Peavy gets a little stronger between now and the next round. :P

Good stuff, it is a USA team that looks more interested in winning this time.

-Don

Don,

You bet. It's been interesting to listen to Sutcliffe about the intricacies of the 2006 team and how there was disinterest and a "fraternity" atmosphere in the clubhouse. It's not surprising that with Davey Johnson at the helm things are markedly different.

Let's hope Team USA goes deep into the WBC this time around.

Even though ESPN was having technical difficulties while it was happening, Youkilis crushes another one. So, once again, YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

Good game for Team USA. 6 runs allowed is a little high, but when you score fifteen, it doesn't much matter.:laughlol:

Archived