orioles119

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, shame on Bud...He could've come to San Francisco, there's no reason for him not to be there. I don't care about Bowie Kuhn, that was 33 years ago. Aaron did the right thing, so should've Selig.

Oh and another Kudos to the Bascik for tipping his cap to Bonds as well. Everyone showed a lot of class...I wish more fans around Baseball would too. Unless of course they have the same sort of venom towards Ryan Franklin, Rafael Betancourt, and Juan Salas.

Franklin, Betancourt, and Salas weren't/aren't chasing the greatest record in sports.

They've taken him out and replaced him with Dave Roberts.

Not even really a standing ovation.

To hell with the one-run game, I'd stay in and go for the cycle, its not like the Giants are any where near contention.

Hitting for the Cycle, or even going 4-4 the night you break the record is pretty amazing.

Franklin, Betancourt, and Salas weren't/aren't chasing the greatest record in sports.

Exactly my point, so you'll tolerate cheaters as long as a record isn't being threatened. Come on, Jim, with all due respect, that's a bit hypocritical.

Probably no ceremony at all , but they would have clapped and cheered like they've been doing the last few games he's hit home runs in. I don't think anyone has actually booed him since that Cubs game where he hit 2 home runs...:rolleyes:

An interesting fact I heard today on Canadian radio : 755 had about 1 million TV viewers. In comparison , Glavine's 300th win had around 3 million viewers.

Did you see the mayhem over that ball in the right field stands?

I can't imagine being in that crowd when the ball dropped.

I couldn't imagine being the guy who had the ball bounce off his hand and kick to their left. It'd be like your life as a millionaire flashing before your eyes, then coming back to reality.

Probably no ceremony at all , but they would have clapped and cheered like they've been doing the last few games he's hit home runs in. I don't think anyone has actually booed him since that Cubs game where he hit 2 home runs...:rolleyes:

An interesting fact I heard today on Canadian radio : 755 had about 1 million TV viewers. In comparison , Glavine's 300th win had around 3 million viewers.

It was a Saturday Night game at 10:00 Eastern, not exactly prime time for TV viewing...

I couldn't imagine being the guy who had the ball bounce off his hand and kick to their left. It'd be like your life as a millionaire flashing before your eyes, then coming back to reality.

Its like leaving the winning powerball ticket in your jeans pocket in the washer/dryer..only it's on national telivision.

I just hope nobody got hurt.

Archived