orioles119

Fair enough, but the fact remains that Barry is one of hundreds that used steroids, he just happens to be the best. I just am so sick of everyone on their high horse about cheating when they have no problem rooting for cheaters who play or played right here in our city.

I don't want to go down this road, but other than Palmeiro - there hasn't been an Oriole caught to this date.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't hate him for the 'roids, I hate him for being an ass. He is the epitome of a selfish ass, there is no doubt about that.

The roids and the tude make him one of the most unlikeable individuals in sports, let alone the public spotlight altogether.

Fair enough, but the fact remains that Barry is one of hundreds that used steroids, he just happens to be the best. I just am so sick of everyone on their high horse about cheating when they have no problem rooting for cheaters who play or played right here in our city.

oh beaner we are at it again...don't lump everyone in this talk, I hate palmeiro and anyone who has used that stuff, hundreds have used it sure, does it make it right or valid???????? NOOOOOOO

He used steroids to GET THE RECORD!! It helped him achieve his greatness. For goodness sakes, a syringe made him what he is and were celebrating it?!?!?!? Someone has to pour hot coffee on my face to make me see what you guys are saying. My kids will forever know the names of ruth, robinson, mantle, ripken, aaron, and mays, but Bonds will never enter the conversation

I don't hate him for the 'roids, I hate him for being an ass. He is the epitome of a selfish ass, there is no doubt about that.

Absolutely, and I truly believe that that's a lot of the hate for many people. He's a total pompous ass, but as I've said in a few threads already, celebrate the accomplishment, not the man. If a "Fun loving" type guy was going for the record, even with the steroids suspicion, there wouldn't be as much backlash.

Im happy for HIM to, I figure this is something hes been after for a long time. You know, the record, not winning or championships or any of that all around baseball stuff.

I just want to see where this goes from here, if he really DHs somewhere in the AL next year.

I am really indifferent on the record. It doesn't bother me but it doesnt make me swell up with happiness either. I feel bad for Aaron whenever Bonds talks about racism. Hammerin' Hank had to deal with truely horrendous racism, leaps and bounds over what Bonds has had to deal with.

Cheap shot, and not accurate imo. I think he wanted to win more than most, and his play certainly helped his team win a lot of games. He was very close to carrying a not so great team to a WS title not that long ago, and he played great in that series.

And if racism is still going on, and I think it is, is a minority not supposed to talk about it because it's not as bad as it was? There were people in Hank's time who had to deal with much more racism than he did, do you think they were upset that he was talking about it, or happy that he was shedding more light on the problem?

I don't want to go down this road, but other than Palmeiro - there hasn't been an Oriole caught to this date.

We've had some minor leaguers caught though..Gary Cates Jr, I think there were others that I don't remember. I would still root for Raffy to this day, I love that guy, but I stopped cheering for Cates the second he got caught.

oh beaner we are at it again...don't lump everyone in this talk' date=' I hate palmeiro and anyone who has used that stuff, hundreds have used it sure, does it make it right or valid???????? NOOOOOOO

He used steroids to GET THE RECORD!! It helped him achieve his greatness. For goodness sakes, a syringe made him what he is and were celebrating it?!?!?!? Someone has to pour hot coffee on my face to make me see what you guys are saying. My kids will forever know the names of ruth, robinson, mantle, ripken, aaron, and mays, but Bonds will never enter the conversation[/quote']

I don't mean to lump everyone, I just hate that Bonds is the poster boy for this when he just happens to be the best. I'm not disputing any of what you are saying, don't misunderstand.

Cheap shot, and not accurate imo. I think he wanted to win more than most, and his play certainly helped his team win a lot of games. He was very close to carrying a not so great team to a WS title not that long ago, and he played great in that series.

And if racism is still going on, and I think it is, is a minority not supposed to talk about it because it's not as bad as it was? There were people in Hank's time who had to deal with much more racism than he did, do you think they were upset that he was talking about it, or happy that he was shedding more light on the problem?

I agree with you on the World Series team, Dusty Baker's Giants. I was just talking about that team today. That team talentwise had no business being in the World Series and he was AWESOME that whole postseason.

We've had some minor leaguers caught though..Gary Cates Jr, I think there were others that I don't remember. I would still root for Raffy to this day, I love that guy, but I stopped cheering for Cates the second he got caught.

Okay... so it's okay to be lied to all that time?

Yes, but there are a few that we can all agree on. No need to go down that road, I agree, but we also can't be blind to it.

I agree with you on the World Series team, Dusty Baker's Giants. I was just talking about that team today. That team talentwise had no business being in the World Series and he was AWESOME that whole postseason.

Well it's not his fault the team isn't good now. He's still been one of the most productive offensive players in baseball this year.

I don't mean to lump everyone, I just hate that Bonds is the poster boy for this when he just happens to be the best. I'm not disputing any of what you are saying, don't misunderstand.

ok...i guess what I am saying is that how can anyone celebrate something that was attained through being a cheater. A liar!!!

Let me ask this, should I tell my nieces and nephews that you can do anything as long as your the best. Beat every record...cheat. Thats all that matters. Step over everyone for your own greatness. I can and will never do that. Baseball is too good for some piece of trash like this too. He can take his record and his HR's and leave the game...forever

Yes, but there are a few that we can all agree on. No need to go down that road, I agree, but we also can't be blind to it.

And most cheered for Big Mac when he broke the record, and even if you weren't sure he was using steroids, I think you had to be skeptical.

Archived