orioles119

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok...i guess what I am saying is that how can anyone celebrate something that was attained through being a cheater. A liar!!!

Let me ask this' date=' should I tell my nieces and nephews that you can do anything as long as your the best. Beat every record...cheat. Thats all that matters. Step over everyone for your own greatness. I can and will never do that. Baseball is too good for some piece of trash like this too. He can take his record and his HR's and leave the game...forever[/quote']

And as I told you the other night, I respect your opinion and absolutely see where you're coming from. I just think that the accomplishment deserves the repsect. I'm not saying he didn't take steroids. I'm just enjoying the moment. He's an ass who took PED's, yes, I'm not denying that. But he's a hell of a baseball player who, like it or not, is the all time Home Run king.

ok...i guess what I am saying is that how can anyone celebrate something that was attained through being a cheater. A liar!!!

Let me ask this' date=' should I tell my nieces and nephews that you can do anything as long as your the best. Beat every record...cheat. Thats all that matters. Step over everyone for your own greatness. I can and will never do that. Baseball is too good for some piece of trash like this too. He can take his record and his HR's and leave the game...forever[/quote']

Is it really cheating when MLB was basically encouraging it, and certainly doing nothing to stop it?

For some reason I've never ever liked Barry Bonds. Im in my twenties now and growing up it was all about Griffey Jr (as far as non-Birds go) and Ryne Sandberg. I don't know how it was for everyone else, but I don't think he ever had the wide-spread admiration that he "deserved." But that has been said plenty of times, so Im just reiterating.

From the polished words of Henry Aaron:

I would like to offer my congratulations to Barry Bonds on becoming baseball's greatest cheater. It is a great accomplishment which required skill, longevity and determination.

Throughout the past century, the lies have held a special place in baseball, and I have been privileged to witness this disgrace over the past decade. I move over now and offer my best wishes to Barry and his family on this historic achievement.

My hope today is that this will inspire others wake up and realize how this record is forever tainted. Congratulations Barry...you deserve it ."

We agree on that...They could've stopped this years ago.

They weren't going to do it though... they want to pin the home run chase of 1998 to "saving baseball", because the chase brought many many fans that were still bitter about the strike back to the game.

It was all for naught though, as the fans woke up to the problem that was at hand. Noone was willing to do anything about it because of the money it brought it.

That was until two former MVPs, Ken Caminit and Jose Canseco, decided to voice their experiences in the game and the illegalities that they witnessed and took part in.

absolutely...i couldn't say that loud enough. They are ALL at fault. That makes it even worse

Yes, they're all at fault, but I wouldn't really call it cheating for the reason I already mentioned, plus it's not like the clean players did anything to stop it either.

They just mentioned that Bonds took a call from Selig. At least he showed him some respect, wonder what was said?

Yeah, that's nice, but he should have been there or at least had a video message.

They weren't going to do it though... they want to pin the home run chase of 1998 to "saving baseball", because the chase brought many many fans that were still bitter about the strike back to the game.

Game of Shadows (or at least the author) says that was when Bonds told Griffey that he was going to start on PEDs because he was sick of the cheaters getting the attention.

Sportscenter was just doing some sort of random comment montage about Bonds, and one of those commenting was Fay Vincent. Every time I see him, I get so pissed off that he is not the commissioner (or wasn't after 1992) because of Bud's coup d'etat.

That does not, however, absolve the individual decision of Bonds to take whatever he took. He had the choice, and made the wrong one. Personally, I do not believe he is getting enough true scorn for his lack of achievement.

So, in honor of what he did tonight, I offer in the same spirit of how he has treated the fans of the sport through his attitude and his actions a hearty, "Up yours, a------."

Archived