OK OK hear me out…..

EERinthe804

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t think there was anything click-baity about it. 

When someone starts a sentence with “ok ok ok hear me out” or “I don’t mean to sound…” or “here’s the deal” or “look,” you can pretty much guarantee what’s to follow is a waste of your time. 

Ha!  I can't believe you not only wasted your time to read the thread but wasted even more time responding in it.  Life is short, hating irrelevant things is meaningless.

• Haha 1

Who had Irvin as the O's 2nd best starter this year?  Let me see the hands.  Who wanted him anywhere but the rotation as an emergency starter?  Raising my hand.  I have in front of Bradish based on actual starts made.  If Bradish continues to be healthy he will be the O's 2nd most valuable starter, but based on what he has accomplished I have Irvin  2nd.

Just now, EERinthe804 said:

Ha!  I can't believe you not only wasted your time to read the thread but wasted even more time responding in it.  Life is short, hating irrelevant things is meaningless.

I pretty much was everything on here, so it shouldn’t be a surprise. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DEOriolesfan said:

Suarez is best suited as a long-reliever/ bulk inning reliever. He hasn't shown he can go deep into a game. These 5 inning shutouts are great but wear the bullpen out. 

I think most teams would take 5 inning shutouts from their 5th starter.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, DEOriolesfan said:

Suarez is best suited as a long-reliever/ bulk inning reliever. He hasn't shown he can go deep into a game. These 5 inning shutouts are great but wear the bullpen out. 

Why take Suárez and his 1.61 ERA out of rotation and put Kremer and his 4.32 ERA back in ?  If Suárez starts to cool down , I can see your point 

Edited by Allan Bryant

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

At the moment   Burnes, Bradish, GRod, Irvin, Suarez and Povich fit the rotation because a 6th starter helps when there are few to no off days.

When Kremer comes back there will be an option of sending Povich down or having Suarez or Irvin help in the pen.  They are the ones with reliever experience.

I fully expect Povich to be optioned after today’s game.  Because of the off-day Monday, the other five will be getting an extra day of rest for the June 18-22 games.  If we want to insert a 6th starter  again, we won’t need to do that until June 23.   By then the O’s can recall Povich (who will have spent the mandatory 10 days in the minors), or they can bring Kremer back.  In the intervening 11 days, we can have an extra reliever in the bullpen.  

On 4/23/2024 at 4:23 PM, EERinthe804 said:

….once everyone is back and healthy…the best rotation may be:

Burnes

G Rod

Bradish

Povich

Suraez

Don’t crush me…lol

I'm not sure how long that you've been on here. I honestly don't recognize the handle. But just a heads up, the engagement/troll style of starting threads without mentioning the topic is not typically done here.

Now on to your suggestion - I don't think anybody would credibly "crush" you for your suggestion. However, the best rotation IMO is one with the bottom two names switched with Irvin and Kremer. Irvin at this point in their careers is much more effective in 24' against Major League hitters than Povich. And Suarez is your typical 5 and give guy. While he is very good during those shorter starts, the problem is we don't have the kind of middle relief or guys that can go multiple innings. Kremer while inconsistent has longer starts in him on his good days. Plus I would trust Suarez much more in shorter relief stints.

I'm not sure how long that you've been on here. I honestly don't recognize the handle. But just a heads up, the engagement/troll style of starting threads without mentioning the topic is not typically done here.

Now on to your suggestion - I don't think anybody would credibly "crush" you for your suggestion. However, the best rotation IMO is one with the bottom two names switched with Irvin and Kremer. Irvin at this point in their careers is much more effective in 24' against Major League hitters than Povich. And Suarez is your typical 5 and give guy. While he is very good during those shorter starts, the problem is we don't have the kind of middle relief or guys that can go multiple innings. Kremer while inconsistent has longer starts in him on his good days. Plus I would trust Suarez much more in shorter relief stints.

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I fully expect Povich to be optioned after today’s game. 

This makes sense. Get Krook or Gonzalez up as a third LHP in the pen and give one of them a look. Corbin Martin can be DFA for Gonzalez.

1 hour ago, DEOriolesfan said:

Most starting pitchers are lucky to pitch into the 6th inning nowadays. 

Kremer, who I like and will go back into the rotation once he's healthy, has only thrown 3 more innings than Suarez has over their last seven starts. 

Now maybe when it's all said and done Suarez's best role is in the pen, but I'm awfully happy with what he's been providing this year so far. I think we'll see him get into the 6th inning more now that they're letting him pitch towards 100 pitches finally.