Who is "selling" this year?

DirtyBird

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That .276 OBP will fit right into the O's outfield.

Like I said just for depth. As your 4th OF (after Cowser/Santander/Hays or Stowers), that's a pretty good spot.

10 minutes ago, G54377 said:

Like I said just for depth. As your 4th OF (after Cowser/Santander/Hays or Stowers), that's a pretty good spot.

In decline, injury prone, can't get on base.

I think he's more a name than a player at this point.

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

In decline, injury prone, can't get on base.

I think he's more a name than a player at this point.

I think he's still an elite defender. But perhaps there's a guy out there that can offer more in a similar type of role.

46 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Even if that’s true (which it very well could be), there’s still a gaping hole against LHP’s. Specifically in the playoffs or important games down the stretch, do we really want Cowser (81 wRC+) in CF, Kjerstad or Stowers in LF, and then the current version of Hays or any version of McCann at DH? Mayo could easily be called up to DH but they clearly don’t trust Stowers or Kjerstad against LHP’s and Hays is playing his way off the team, which seems to open the door for a RHH OF. Unless they play Mullins (70 wRC+ against LHP’s the last 2 seasons) which they already seem to be getting away from. 

It is certainly fair to think about a starting lineup against Carlos Rodon and Nestor Cortes in 40-60% of a short series.    I still have hope we'll get 2-for-2 out of Holliday and Mayo even if the road hasn't been as smooth as Elias hoped drawing up the plan.

SS Gunnar, C Adley, 1B Mountcastle, RF Santander, 3B Westburg, CF Cowser, DH Mayo, 2B Holliday, LF Hays

Mayo-Hays exit for O'Hearn-Mullins-Kjerstad

Mateo role seesaws with Holliday success, or lack thereof.

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

It is certainly fair to think about a starting lineup against Carlos Rodon and Nestor Cortes in 40-60% of a short series.    I still have hope we'll get 2-for-2 out of Holliday and Mayo even if the road hasn't been as smooth as Elias hoped drawing up the plan.

SS Gunnar, C Adley, 1B Mountcastle, RF Santander, 3B Westburg, CF Cowser, DH Mayo, 2B Holliday, LF Hays

Mayo-Hays exit for O'Hearn-Mullins-Kjerstad

Mateo role seesaws with Holliday success, or lack thereof.

Yeah Mayo would be fine as a September call up/playoff guy DH’ing or PH’ing against LHP’s. Because right now having Urias/McCann/Hays as your 3 RHB’s off the bench is not ideal when they’re trying to shield certain guys from LHP’s (Mullins, O’Hearn, Stowers).