No one asked me, but he's some of my ideas for strengthening the bullpen and another idea or two.

First thing I'd do(if it hasn't already been done) is put Kimbrel on a 15 day IL. I'd move Suarez into the pen. They'll activate Bradish and maybe Means and DFA Ramirez. But if/when Perez returns I'd DFA McKenna , bring up Wells and put him and maybe Suarez into a dual closer responsibility. Both pitchers throw strikes and though Wells does give up HR's , he is a better option to close and did briefly last year.I think Suarez's velocity and pretty good control gives us another option. I'd also try and trade Urias, maybe Hays, and someone like Stowers for a decent pitcher...that may not happen for a while, but I see it in their plans. Also, Cowser needs to make some adjustments on off speed change ups the book on him is out.......he's really striking out too much, and has for 2 weeks. I still think he's got plenty of upside but he must adjust the leagues adjustment on him.

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

First thing I'd do(if it hasn't already been done) is put Kimbrel on a 15 day IL. I'd move Suarez into the pen. They'll activate Bradish and maybe Means and DFA Ramirez. But if/when Perez returns I'd DFA McKenna , bring up Wells and put him and maybe Suarez into a dual closer responsibility. Both pitchers throw strikes and though Wells does give up HR's , he is a better option to close and did briefly last year.I think Suarez's velocity and pretty good control gives us another option. I'd also try and trade Urias, maybe Hays, and someone like Stowers for a decent pitcher...that may not happen for a while, but I see it in their plans. Also, Cowser needs to make some adjustments on off speed change ups the book on him is out.......he's really striking out too much, and has for 2 weeks. I still think he's got plenty of upside but he must adjust the leagues adjustment on him.

I was with up until the rift into an alternate reality when you said trade Urias, Stowers, and Hays for a decent pitcher. The collective value on those 3 probably couldn't bring back a nice coffee maker. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

Is Kimbrel hurt? Velocity way down?

Never knew the IL was an option to stash a player after a couple bad outings. 

They said he was being evaluated for tightness in his back. Is he hurt? Possibly.

9 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

His velocity was fine. His location was awful, and I don't think he threw anything but fastballs. 

28 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Whenever you see the trainer come out next to Hyde to remove a pitcher like he did today, you can assume they think he’s hurt (whether Kimbrel will admit it or not). 

“Let’s trade multiple guys with no value for someone who has value!”

Sadly, it doesn’t work like that, and 29 other teams know of our roster crunch and will wait patiently for the DFA axe to fall. Hays, Stowers and Urias do have value, but not much, and won’t bring back anything.

Dump Ramirez, Baumann, and Webb. They will all be claimed by the Rockies or White Sox, and welcome to them.

Bring up Povich, move Suarez to the pen. Activate Bradish to replace Suarez, Activate Means to initially go to the pen, eventually trade places with Irvin.

When wells comes back, another decision will be necessary.

Vespi is doing very well, he should have been here instead of Heasley, but we need to make room for him. why the *&#@ is Ramirez here?

I mean seriously…why?

Anyway, that solves the pitching problem. Eliminate “closer” designation, and throw the best guy available at the last inning.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, InsideCoroner said:

Whenever you see the trainer come out next to Hyde to remove a pitcher like he did today, you can assume they think he’s hurt (whether Kimbrel will admit it or not). 

Pride cometh before a fall.

3 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I was with up until the rift into an alternate reality when you said trade Urias, Stowers, and Hays for a decent pitcher. The collective value on those 3 probably couldn't bring back a nice coffee maker. 

Come on leave Roy alone. He does get sideways but never off the rails. Hes definitely an Orioles  fan for Sure. Not that this means anything, but he is the only poster here other than myself that I can recall Referencing The Old Miami Stadium.For all the posters that like to  reminiscent, Believe me that  Stadium has relevance in Oriole lore. Roy has been there, So have I, Have You? Do you even know the Stadium?

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Come on leave Roy alone. He does get sideways but never off the rails. Hes definitely an Orioles  fan for Sure. Not that this means anything, but he is the only poster here other than myself that I can recall Referencing The Old Miami Stadium.For all the posters that like to  reminiscent, Believe me that  Stadium has relevance in Oriole lore. Roy has been there, So have I, Have You? Do you even know the Stadium?

I was batboy for several seasons in that stadium...and I dont mind people mocking me...its fun...ive been mocked plenty in my career...

I see that the idea about Suarez being tried out as a closer or high leverage reliever I've been posting about this week is building momentum. This is good. Send a Suarez for Closer missionary to the Orioles front office and let's make even more converts!