Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

3 minutes ago, dystopia said:

No they freaking didn’t. The last we heard from Hyde on this matter was: 

Hyde knew exactly what kind of reaction that would cause.

And a few days ago they talked about resting him for a few extra days because they felt he needed the rest. The reporters have talked about it.

However, much like everything else around here, one little thing is said and everyone ignores all the other stuff and runs with it like the comment means impending doom.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And a few days ago they talked about resting him for a few extra days because they felt he needed the rest. The reporters have talked about it.

However, much like everything else around here, one little thing is said and everyone ignores all the other stuff and runs with it like the comment means impending doom.  

Hyde being “unsure” about Bradish pitching in the TB series when it’s 4 games indicates they intended to give him a lot more than one or two extra days of rest.  

4 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Hyde being “unsure” about Bradish pitching in the TB series when it’s 4 games indicates they intended to give him a lot more than one or two extra days of rest.  

Yea, it indicates that maybe they skip a start…not that he’s done until 2026.  He may very well end up in that spot but they all signs that they said and what his velo was, etc..in his last start was that the injury wasn’t there right now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

No they freaking didn’t. The last we heard from Hyde on this matter was: 

Hyde knew exactly what kind of reaction that would cause.

I listened to the interview and got no injury vibes from Hyde at all. I can understand how someone might from just reading Melewski's quote though, which in my opinion, didn't give a good reading of Hyde's words. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dystopia said:

Because it’s information fans should know? 

If it impacts the strategy of the other team, the O’s should say as secretive as possible. The fans don’t need to know everything immediately and at the drop of the hat.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

If it impacts the strategy of the other team, the O’s should say as secretive as possible. The fans don’t need to know everything immediately and at the drop of the hat.

What strategy? Did they trade for someone to face Povich instead of Bradish. NFL reports injuries. All sports should let fans know what is happening as far as personnel in regard to injuries.

I thought it made more sense to just skip a start and keep everyone else on regular rest. I expected Bradish to start again against Atlanta on Tuesday.

13 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

What strategy? Did they trade for someone to face Povich instead of Bradish. NFL reports injuries. All sports should let fans know what is happening as far as personnel in regard to injuries.

I thought it made more sense to just skip a start and keep everyone else on regular rest. I expected Bradish to start again against Atlanta on Tuesday.

Right!  Makes it really hard to bet if they don't.

13 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

Every team, including the O's, list probable starters 3+ days out all the time. And even if they wanted to keep exactly when his next start was going to be a secret, they still could have made it very clear that there wasn't an issue with his health right from the beginning.

Hopefully breaking up his routine like this does not, in fact, lead to him reinjuring his UCL.

50 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Hopefully breaking up his routine like this does not, in fact, lead to him reinjuring his UCL.

The reason they’re breaking up his normal routine is in hopes of preventing injury, not causing injury.