Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nope,  

Ain't got time for that.

Just saying that teams are guessing what will or won't work.  Hence the haruspex comment last night.

It goes without saying but thanks for saying it anyway.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I wasn't sure since your comment made it unclear to me that you understood that concept.

Glad we got it straightened out.

The word hope should have made my intention clear.  Nice try.

It is going to be a lot of this if OMAR has some secret sauce, its elements are in action now, and they are trying to keep plausible deniability with silos of knowledge, roles in the organizational structure, all of it.

I hope one day a postseason 2024-2029 lookup has Bradish and Grayson 1/2 in innings pitched.  

Maybe eventually they will be like Max Scherzer and give their own injury updates.    I can't move today but I'll pitch WS Game 7 tomorrow.

First, I'd like to say that Jake Rill does a good job of accurately restating what has been said by Hyde or Elias. 

Glad to hear that they're just being careful with Bradish. I don't think anyone knows if he'll hold up over the whole season or not, but anything that makes it more likely for him to be pitching in October is ok with me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

First, I'd like to say that Jake Rill does a good job of accurately restating what has been said by Hyde or Elias. 

Glad to hear that they're just being careful with Bradish. I don't think anyone knows if he'll hold up over the whole season or not, but anything that makes it more likely for him to be pitching in October is ok with me.

Certainly seems like some load management is going on, which is probably smart, especially on a team that wants to play in a world series.  It's one of those strategies that appears to make sense but we'll never really know.  They started Means' season a month late when he wasn't injured (unfortunately, he got hurt and it didn't matter).  Bradish is clearly getting a rest.  We'll never know for sure, but I don't think either of the Grayson or Kremer IL stays were about actual injuries or, let's say, anything serious. 

Elias is trying to shorten the season and lower innings/pitch counts for the starters.  Six man rotations, Irvin in/out of the pen, Povich up for some (?) starts.  Burnes is probably the only 30+ start, every 5 day rotation guy, and the Orioles only own him for another five months.

7 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Certainly seems like some load management is going on, which is probably smart, especially on a team that wants to play in a world series.  It's one of those strategies that appears to make sense but we'll never really know.  They started Means' season a month late when he wasn't injured (unfortunately, he got hurt and it didn't matter).  Bradish is clearly getting a rest.  We'll never know for sure, but I don't think either of the Grayson or Kremer IL stays were about actual injuries or, let's say, anything serious. 

Elias is trying to shorten the season and lower innings/pitch counts for the starters.  Six man rotations, Irvin in/out of the pen, Povich up for some (?) starts.  Burnes is probably the only 30+ start, every 5 day rotation guy, and the Orioles only own him for another five months.

I believed that at first but after he went down with TJ again I figured that he was actually having issues after all and his delayed start was NOT just about load management. 

26 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I believed that at first but after he went down with TJ again I figured that he was actually having issues after all and his delayed start was NOT just about load management. 

We'll never know, I guess.  He said he felt good in extended spring training.  OTOH, he could've been less than 100% and just tried to pitch through it.  Makes you wonder where things were after the few starts at the end of last season, followed by the injury that kept him out of the post season.  

On 6/6/2024 at 9:33 AM, Sports Guy said:

A starter may or may not be the #1 priority but it’s undoubtedly a need and it will be next year..so if you can address now, do it.

They MUST address it now. It’s not just that the Yankees are going from strength to strength, but the Royals, Twins-Yankees series notwithstanding- and Guardians are playing well also.

Last year the Os had a serious need that was filled with Flaherty and Fuji. This year the need is more serious, and the prices are only going up.

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How does a fan prepare for that eventuality?

Is it beer?  Some of us don't drink.

Just the idea that they might have to play the bulk of the rest of the season understanding that he might not be a part of it.  

You can have a beer to enjoy one.