Saturday, May 4 in Cincinnati: John Means returns to the mound

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Then you don’t listen to Kevin very much. Because he’s so boring, so often, that it’s almost comical that he has a job.

Ive mostly given up complaining because it doesn’t accomplish anything, but sometimes, a guys gotta say somethin.’

The Hawking reference is my go-to for monotone vocalizing. I also use Captain Janeway and the guy from Ferris Bühlers day off, but this seemed like a Hawking time.

Sorry, but KB, to my ear, is far from a monotone--and I say this not being a fan of his announcing.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

60 pitches ...2 hitter thru 5..no matter HOW this ends up..this is another win for the Orioles...Means has been brilliant...EVEN BETTER than Bradish...GROD can take his time coming back...

15 swings and misses for Means thru 5 innings. Bradish had 9 swings and misses on Thurs. 

Just now, spiritof66 said:

O's lead despite 0 for 6 with RISP. Reds are 0 for 1.

Fortunately we got away with it yesterday.  Let's hope we can tack up some runs on and make it easier for us tonight.

1 minute ago, Say O! said:

15 swings and misses for Means thru 5 innings. Bradish had 9 swings and misses on Thurs. 

I think it's fair to say that despite their early struggles, the Yankees have much more experienced and talented hitters than the Reds. Not taking anything away from Means.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Sorry, but KB, to my ear, is far from a monotone--and I say this not being a fan of his announcing.

I'm a big fan of Kevin and I'll take Roy's vote of support that he is one of the top young broadcasters over the opinions of us amateurs.

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

I only listen to every game. His energy is fine.

If you like him, that’s fine. I don’t, with legit reasons. But I’ve no interest in raining on any parades, so if you like him, that’s great.

Just now, Hallas said:

Jorge takes a ball, gets called a strike.

Pitcher then throws 2 more balls in the exact same spot and predictably Mateo can't do anything with them.

Ump gave him no choice, and Mateo doesn't appear to be a good golfer.