Saturday, May 4 in Cincinnati: John Means returns to the mound

SteveA

Just now, Hallas said:

Jorge takes a ball, gets called a strike.

Pitcher then throws 2 more balls in the exact same spot and predictably Mateo can't do anything with them.

As long as you’re homers in every game he does that…. I’m OK

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm a big fan of Kevin and I'll take Roy's vote of support that he is one of the top young broadcasters over the opinions of us amateurs.

Y'all are, of course, entitled to your opinion..but for me Kevin Brown is the best TV Oriole announcer in decades...as good or better than Jon Miller..

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm a big fan of Kevin and I'll take Roy's vote of support that he is one of the top young broadcasters over the opinions of us amateurs.

Well I was defending him against another post accusing him of having a monotone voice. I do prefer him greatly to Melanie.

Also, when it comes to this topic, I'm not an "amateur," having done a fair number of professional voiceovers.

Just now, Philip said:

If you like him, that’s fine. I don’t, with legit reasons. But I’ve no interest in raining on any parades, so if you like him, that’s great.

I won't lose sleep if you don't like him, I promise. It's a game, there are no parades to be rained on. It's a good thing everyone doesn't like the same thing, how boring would that be? Legit reasons are yours, and you are entitled to them, but it doesn't make them right, etc.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

Y'all are, of course, entitled to your opinion..but for me Kevin Brown is the best TV Oriole announcer in decades...as good or better than Jon Miller..

Better than Jon Miller? 🤔

1 minute ago, Malike said:

I won't lose sleep if you don't like him, I promise. It's a game, there are no parades to be rained on. It's a good thing everyone doesn't like the same thing, how boring would that be? Legit reasons are yours, and you are entitled to them, but it doesn't make them right, etc.

If Phil has to be my second in command on the anti-Brown crusade, well so be it.