Saturday, May 11: John Means takes on the Diamondbacks

SteveA

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Means to the pen when Gray Rod comes back?  I can't see sending Irvin to the pen, when he has been arguably our best starter this year.

Overreacting a bit here.   He had a great start last week, today he had one poor start vs the best lineup vs LH in MLB.  

Meanwhile, Cole Irvin who started the season with 3 starts and a 6.75 ERA, is untouchable all of a sudden?

Just now, Uli2001 said:

Orioles have a bad-NL-team problem this year. I don't remember so many NL games in the past. It seems every other opponent is from the NL.

Didn't they sweep the Reds last weekend?

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

If Mullins and Hays were in the outfield, I think Means would have a better stat line today.

I agree and even if Mullins isn't hitting you can't rest him too much because there isn't another player on this team close to his level defensively in center field. That's why I mentioned about Elias possibly trading for a utility outfielder who can play a capable CF earlier.

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

If Mullins and Hays were in the outfield, I think Means would have a better stat line today.

By that I'm saying Mullins amd Hays are exceptional feilders with much more experience about the dimensions of Camden Yards in their positions, and John Means predictably pitched alot of fly balls to left field.

Just now, Malike said:

Tough day for Means against a team that destroys LHP and he really only had his 90 MPH fastball.

Nor did he have his good change up.  He just gutted it out.