Could Kremer be next on the IL carousel?

Frobby

For the second consecutive start, Kremer was bothered by a blister in the middle innings.  With Grayson eligible to come off the IL on Wednesday, I wonder if the O’s will IL Kremer to give his hand time to heal fully and kick the can down the road regarding who will leave the rotation.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, maybenxtyr said:

Will Grayson be ready to come off of the IL? I haven't heard much about him since he went on the list.

He said the other day he is good to go and doesn’t th8nk he needs a rehab start.  

It makes sense. Grayson can come back and we don’t have to go to a 6 man rotation and DFA Baumann. 

If the other 5 starters pitch well, it might be a good excuse to stick Kremer in the pen after his IL stint. He doesn’t really deserve the pen, but we only have 5 spots in the rotation and it’s hard to take LH SP our with our ballpark. 

I think there are two moves coming maybe as early as today.

Kremer to the IL;   Jonathan Heasley up.  

The starters for the Blue Jays series have been announced and GRod is not one of them.   He could be activated for the weekend if he does not go on rehab.  If he does a rehab start he may not be activated until the 21st vs the Cards.

Hays up;   Kjerstad to Norfolk to get him playing time.

8 turns along Kremer and Burnes each have 186 batters faced and one has a 47/12 K/BB and the other has a 47/15 K/BB.

Kremer is pretty gettable for the home run so FIP thinks he's about a run worse despite those other drivers being very close.    ERA agrees.

• Upvote 2

Was thinking this yesterday. If everyone is healthy, we'll see a 6-man rotation in June with only one offday that month. But for the rest of May, I think they'll continue to play the IL carousel game. And why not? It's keeping guys fresh. 

7 minutes ago, Keygans said:

My buddy told me a few moves are probable this week.   Might not be out of the question to see Mayo up Kjerstad down…  no hate, no promises … just gossip.  

Yeah it's pretty clear that Mayo is very close to coming up.  I think it's pretty easy to make a Mayo + Hays for Kjerstad + McKenna swap. Mayo still won't play a ton, but he might have a better chance than Kjerstad. 

48 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah it's pretty clear that Mayo is very close to coming up.  I think it's pretty easy to make a Mayo + Hays for Kjerstad + McKenna swap. Mayo still won't play a ton, but he might have a better chance than Kjerstad. 

I think Mayo would actually play quite a lot. If would put Mayo at 3B, Westburg at 2B and Mateo and Urias on the bench most of the time. I still think Mateo gets ABs vs. LHP but that may be more with Mayo at DH and O'Hearn on the bench and a bit less playing time for McCann and maybe a full off day here and there for Adley. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I think Mayo would actually play quite a lot. If would put Mayo at 3B, Westburg at 2B and Mateo and Urias on the bench most of the time. I still think Mateo gets ABs vs. LHP but that may be more with Mayo at DH and O'Hearn on the bench and a bit less playing time for McCann and maybe a full off day here and there for Adley. 

McCann has been struggling with the bat so I am completely fine with him not DHing anymore than he absolutely has to.