Wednesday afternoon May 15: Orioles vs Blue Jay

SteveA

I've been listening via XM and following on GameDay...out of all of the mistakes made today, not letting Stowers bat has to be the biggest. How does a team that is so analytically driven not understand when a guy hits left on left well?

Horrible managing by Hyde and even worse situational hitting from this offense. 0-10 with RISP. They’ve had a runner at 2nd with 0 outs, runners at 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs, runners at 1st and 2nd with 1 out, and another inning with a runner at 2nd and 0 outs. They have gotten 0 runs out of those situations. Almost unfathomable. 

And this is one reason why I feel Hyde is SO overrated as a manager.  Yeah, I know all the manager of the year stuff, but purposefully batting Urias in that situation is simply stupid.  Urias has sucked all year, and while Stowers has no track record in the majors this year, we KNOW Urias is bad.  Just dumb, dumb dumb.  Stowers may not have done any better than Urias, but he sure couldn't have done any worse!

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Lotta shuffling of players around in order to score 1 run this game, Hyde.  Awesome.

What I don't understand: if Hays was healthy enough to PH in the 7th, he should have been healthy enough to be in the regular lineup against a LHP who stinks against righties.

• Upvote 2