General Brackets Thead

Pedro Cerrano

UNC fans are all jerks anyway, who cares about them.

Seriously though, playing in Greensboro leaves me no reason to complain about who we will be playing.

However, I did pick LSU in my Final Four a few weeks ago so i agree with your original point. Will be a pretty tough game. I'll take my chances though.

Both Duke and UNC will face a challenging second round game if seeds play out...LSU for UNC and Texas for Duke.

I am worried about that game for Duke because Texas was a top 10 team this year...They are athletic and have some size.

But they have been very disappointing this year...Of course, I will still be rooting for Minnesota in that game. :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both Duke and UNC will face a challenging second round game if seeds play out...LSU for UNC and Texas for Duke.

I am worried about that game for Duke because Texas was a top 10 team this year...They are athletic and have some size.

But they have been very disappointing this year...Of course, I will still be rooting for Minnesota in that game. :D

Yes, but Rick Barnes is Texas' coach. He makes Dino Gaudio look like a genius.

Initial observations: SEC gets no respect, Big East is overrated.

Blasphemy!

I know you are referring to the seedings but overall the BEast was underrated only getting 7 teams... I'm not a huge fan of the distribution, it'll make the the BEast reaching their destiny of an all BEast Final Four unlikely.

Blasphemy!

I know you are referring to the seedings but overall the BEast was underrated only getting 7 teams... I'm not a huge fan of the distribution, it'll make the the BEast reaching their destiny of an all BEast Final Four unlikely.

No one else in the Big East even remotely deserved a bid.

I actually think the commitee did a great job. Glad to see Arizona get in over Creighton.

I would have put St. Mary's in over Wisconsin, but other than that, they did a good job. Pedro is gloating about the mid-majors not getting in, but honestly, besides St. Mary's, there weren't really that many that deserved it this year.

LOL at waroriole complaining the SEC got shafted. Tennessee's great wins over Marquette and Siena! And....? They should be happy they got 3 teams in, because if Mississippi State hadn't won today, they would have had two teams in. Same as the Horizon league. What a joke that conference was this year.

Again, nothing personal against the SEC, they were just awful this year. I'm sure they will be back with some good teams next year, but maybe this will teach some of those teams to actually schedule somebody out of conference.

I actually think the commitee did a great job. Glad to see Arizona get in over Creighton.

I would have put St. Mary's in over Wisconsin, but other than that, they did a good job. Pedro is gloating about the mid-majors not getting in, but honestly, besides St. Mary's, there weren't really that many that deserved it this year.

LOL at waroriole complaining the SEC got shafted. Tennessee's great wins over Marquette and Siena! And....? They should be happy they got 3 teams in, because if Mississippi State hadn't won today, they would have had two teams in. Same as the Horizon league. What a joke that conference was this year.

Again, nothing personal against the SEC, they were just awful this year. I'm sure they will be back with some good teams next year, but maybe this will teach some of those teams to actually schedule somebody out of conference.

My only complaint as well. I said it in one of these threads, but other than that, the committee did a nice job.

My only complaint as well. I said it in one of these threads, but other than that, the committee did a nice job.

Just got on here, but how do you like the Heels draw?

Obviously being in Greensboro is nice, but I thought LSU could be a tough 2nd round match-up (even though the SEC stunk this year, they are pretty good).

By the way, lots of buddies of mine went to Radford, and are so psyched they are in the tournament. They are pumped to watch the game, and one buddy told me he will be happy to be within 10 at the first TV timeout. Gotta love rooting for the underdog!

I know it's a minor complaint as they have a lot of talent but it is hard to say that a team that loses 5 out of its final 6 by an average of double digits in a conference that is having a down year in any way deserves a bid.

Just got on here, but how do you like the Heels draw?

Obviously being in Greensboro is nice, but I thought LSU could be a tough 2nd round match-up (even though the SEC stunk this year, they are pretty good).

By the way, lots of buddies of mine went to Radford, and are so psyched they are in the tournament. They are pumped to watch the game, and one buddy told me he will be happy to be within 10 at the first TV timeout. Gotta love rooting for the underdog!

My next door neighbor went to Radford. She called me when she saw the brackets. Pretty cool for them to get the opportunity to play in the dance.

I'm not going to complain about anything since we're playing at home. LSU is very good, and I hope Butler beats them. A month or so ago we had a thread about the Final Four and I picked LSU and Carolina both. Assuming Lawson is ok, we'll get through.

I know it's a minor complaint as they have a lot of talent but it is hard to say that a team that loses 5 out of its final 6 by an average of double digits in a conference that is having a down year in any way deserves a bid.

I hate basing things on what they have just done.

It is like when a team goes undefeated in college football until late November and they have no chance at making the championship game.

The committee chairman kept talking about body of work...That is exactly how it should be.

Plus, Arizona passes the eye test...2 top 20 NBA picks and a host of other talent...They have some talent and are one of the best 34 at large teams.

Archived