Monday, May 20: Orioles at Cardinals

SteveA

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Reading isn’t that hard. I know you are smart, so you must have just read quickly.  I love to read about prospects and like to know who to trust. Why would it be so wrong to find out who was wrong?  Are we just supposed to ignore when they get it wrong?

I do?

I don't really expect any national guy to be able to spend enough time on the vast majority of prospects to be able to give a truly comprehensive opinion on their ability to stick at the major league level.

Now in some cases it's obvious, Mountcastle wasn't going to stay at Short, Adley was going to stick at Catcher, but beyond that.  Not really.  I read the stuff, I enjoy it, but I don't put a huge amount of weight to it.

I think a lot of guys Gunnar's size don't stay at Shortstop.  These guys don't see him every day, they don't experience his work ethic.  We had a lot of guys on the board here last season that wanted him at Third.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Wow, heck of a jump there. Bases loaded and a 100+ EV put. This could get ugly. I don't get why Hyde didn't get another inning out of Suarez.

Suarez stinks. He had two fluke starts.